I Have a Large Brown Spot with a Particular Form on my Right Foot Under the Knee. What is It?

I had this spot since I was a kid, I can't remember for how long. I'm very worried. It has 13-14 centimeters. It has many small parts of my natural color in it. I tried with different creams, but it doesn't work. Thank you very much for your help!

Signs of skin cancer

+2

To be safe, you should be carefully evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for Irregular Borders; C for Black or uneven Colors; D for diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole using either a "punch" or a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance. 

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole

+2

Hello and thanks for your question.

It is difficult to comment without a photo.  I think if you are concerned then you should have a consultation with a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon so they can have a proper look at it and then work from there.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon