Ask a doctor

I Have a Large Brown Spot with a Particular Form on my Right Foot Under the Knee. What is It?

I had this spot since I was a kid, I can't remember for how long. I'm very worried. It has 13-14 centimeters. It has many small parts of my natural color in it. I tried with different creams, but it doesn't work. Thank you very much for your help!

Doctor Answers (2)

Signs of skin cancer


To be safe, you should be carefully evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for Irregular Borders; C for Black or uneven Colors; D for diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole using either a "punch" or a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance. 

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews



Hello and thanks for your question.

It is difficult to comment without a photo.  I think if you are concerned then you should have a consultation with a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon so they can have a proper look at it and then work from there.


Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.