Large Blue Facial Veins - Possible to Treat? (photo)

I have a large blue vein around my eye and wish to know the best treatment options. I am leaning most towards laser treatment and from looking at the picture, is this vein treatable with lasers? I have zoomed in as much as I can without the picture becoming blurry. If not lasers- should I approve a good vascular/plastic surgeon?

Facial veins versus telangiectasias

+1

This vein seems 'large' ant not likely to be treatable with lasers. Several tiny puncture wounds and removal may be your best option with potential for minimal scarring (very tiny puncture wounds are used for these).

Buffalo General Surgeon

Veins around eyes

+1

The picture is very blurry but I can say that I have treated blue veins under the eyes successfully with long-pulsed Nd:YAG laser.  Usually I insert an internal eyeshield under the eyelids to protect the eye.  My immediate endpoint during treatment is contraction and disappearance of the vessel.  You should seek out a very experienced laser surgeon for this type of treatment.  Surgical removal is possible but runs a higher risk of leaving scarring. 

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon