Is It Safe to Use Laresse?

I am considering having a tear trough filler to smooth out wrinkling under my eyes following laser surgery that removed milia under my skin. The therapist uses Laresse - is this safe and do you know of any problems with this product?

Is Laresse Safe?

+1

Thank you for your question. Laresse is an injectable gel made up of absorbable medical polymers called carboxymethylcellulose and polyethylene oxide. Laresse is not widely used yet but there are many FDA-approved fillers available such as Juvederm, Restylane etc.  I would recommend a consult and being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment options.   I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Tear trough fillers

+1

Treating the tear trough, or groove under the eyes, should be performed by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. As well, you want to use a product that has been widely used on the face, and in particular this location. Laresse is not widely used, and there may be no antidote if you're not happy (e.g. like hyaluronidase) so I would consider something safer which can be reversed in case you're not pleased (e.g. restylane, juvederm).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon