Do I really need to get a nose job? I feel like I need it. What kind of adjustments would give me a normal sized nose? (Photo)

i really think i have a big nose i get usually teased about it & i need someone to tell me what kind of adjustments are they gonna do on my nose because i would like a normal sized nose

Do I really need to get a nose job? I feel like I need it. What kind of adjustments would give me a normal sized nose?

+1
This photo does not give enough of a view of your face for any in-depth evaluation.  We need to see the whole face; front view; side view.  Seeing the chin also gives us a better idea of what exactly you need to balance your face.  

Rhinoplastic candidate options for big nose reduction

+1
The nose is a 3-dimensional stricture, so a full set of pictures is required before making any decisions about what can and cannot be performed.  You the patient  used the only one that can answer the question as to whether or not you would like to perform a rhinoplasty procedure if  your nose is bothering you.  Based on the one picture shown, a hump reduction can certainly be performed along with a columellar show reduction to improve your nose. 

+1
No one ever needs a rhinoplasty. Only you can decide if the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do anything about it. Any modification should be subtle resulting in a natural appearance.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1
   More photos or an exam would be helpful to make suggestions.  If you want to change your nose, then rhinoplasty may be indicated.  Find an expert in rhinoplasty.

Do I Need a Rhinoplasty?

+1
Only you can decide if you "need"  a rhinoplasty after consulting with an experienced surgeon who will discuss the alternatives and help you establish reasonable expectations. I  need to see a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website to provide specific recommendations. A reduction of the size of your nose can be done as long as the results are natural and your nose is made proportional to the surrounding facial features. 

Do I really need to get a nose job?

+1
If you decided to have a rhinoplasty, I would recommend subtle changes. From the limited photo you submitted it appears you have a small hump, deep radix, and a disproportionate nostril to columella ratio. Would like to see the front to asses your tip.

Correcting these issues, would create a subtle and softer nose, without changing your appearance too much.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for smaller better shaped nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty for smaller better shaped nose can be done if you choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does not overdo  noses. 

Rhinoplasty options

+1
Aesthetic rhinoplasty can improve many aspects of the nose including the dorsum (side view), nasal tip, width, and rotation and projection of the nose. I'm sorry that you've been teased about your nose. I recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon to review your options. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon