Laporotomy and Two Pregnancies Cause Abdominal Wall to Weaken?

Would a laparotomy for endometriosis and two pregnancies cause abdominal wall to weaken? How can I tell if I have muscle separation?

Yes, either or both can weaken the abdominal wall. It is easiest to tell if you have muscle separation by lying on the floor and commencing to do a sit up. If you have a muscle separation, you will see a characteristic bulge, especially in the upper abdomen,, that is longitudinal in orientation. A hernia can occur, particularly after laparotomy, and the bulge may be more localized.

Your physician or a plastic surgeon can help with the diagnosis. Thanks for the question, best wishes.