Can you have a lapband done over a gastric bypass and get results?

I had a gastric bypass 12 years ago and lost about 70 pounds. I have sense gained all of the weight back. I am afraid to have the pouch restapled. I was wondering if a lapband over a bypass can be done and if so are there risks and has it been done successfully?

Lap Band after Bypass

+1
It is possible to place a Lap Band on the dilated pouch that we see after gastric bypass.  It is a little more challenging than the usual Lap Band so you should choose a surgeon and program that have extensive experience with the procedure.

Mississauga Bariatric Surgeon

Lap band after bypass.

+1
Yes, a lap band over a bypass can be done. Many patients of mine have done the lap band over the bypass.They have been doing great since then. The process is the same as the lap band. Not many risks because the process is the same as lap band.

Sehoon Kang, MD
South Korea Bariatric Surgeon