Should I consider lap band to loose only 50 pounds?

I am 160 pounds have gained weight 15 pounds just within one year. I am 48 years and going through menopause. I have been always eating, always hungry. I since I am 160 pounds am I the right candidate for the Lap band surgery would I loose weight? Please advise.

It will depend

+1
The actual parameter to know if you are candidate is the BMI. Recent Studies shown the benefits of bariatric surgery in type one obesity. You should calculate your BMI, that is the relationship between your weight and height, and if is 30 and up you have obesity, other situations that have to consider is the related sickness like diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, etc.

God Bless you

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon