Is CareCredit a safe financing option?

I would really like to pay for half of my rhinoplasty in cash and the other half I would like to finance but CareCredit seems risky and I have read that they have charged many many people interest even when the payments have been made on time. Is this a safe option? Are there any other ways? I am sort of on a time frame because I am enlisting in the Air Force and would like my nose done before leaving for basic and I need my surgery done asap.

Care Credit and credit financing of elective procedures

+2
Is it a good idea to pay for elective surgeries using a credit card company such as Care Credit?  Much of what is purchased in today's market is done with credit card companies. When using these, it is important to understand the financial terms of using them including the penalties for not paying off the balance in a timely manner. Interest rates can be high.    Personally, we do not want any of our patient to incur an unwanted financial penalty in addition to the costs of an actual procedure.  As there are pros and cons of using 'borrowed money", each patient needs to be clear about how much their personal savings can tolerate without creating additional stress. 

Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty financing

+2

We have been using care credit for years at our office, their terms and conditions are very straight forward.  Depending on your personal finances you may be able to get better terms with your local bank or credit card if you are not happy with their terms

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Care credit is reputable

+2

We have used Care Credit in our office for over ten years without complaint.  They seem very upfront about terms, including repayment options and interest rates.  The only thing that has come up in our practice is that providers can sign on to work with Care Credit at different levels.  For example, we only begin to offer Care Credit for charges over $2000.  As long as you are clear on that with your provider (each provider sets their CC involvement) you will be fine.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Financing options

+2
There are many options to finance  1/2 of of a rhinoplasty. These include a personal banker at your local bank, credit cards.  There are many 3rd party financing options.  You may also make  all of the payments first and then have the surgery

Is CareCredit Safe?

+2

We have successfully used CareCredit in our practice for many years and have had no complaints about improper fees or interest. Please call CareCredit for clarification. Good luck. Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Care Credit

+2
I have not heard any complaints from patients about the safety or trustworthiness of Care Credit.  It is utilized heavily for elective surgical and dental procedures in the United States.  I recommend that you call the company for clarification and with any concerns that you might have.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Care Credit is a popular option

+2
Ashley, We accept Care Credit in our office, and many patients choose to use it because of the ease of service and the availability of zero percent financing for different options of payment. I have heard that interest is hefty if you do not paid off the balance during the time period that was originally chosen for financing. Other than that, my patients seem very happy with Care Credit. I would keep a careful watch on the balance, make every payment on time,  and pay it off before the due date.

Mark E. Mason, MD

Is CareCredit a safe financing option?

+1
CareCredit is as reasonable a finance company as any of the others.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Care Credit for Surgery Payment

+1
We have used Care Credit for many years without any of the concerns you mention. Our patients have no problem and we have had nothing but professional and reliable relations. There are other companies that lend money for surgery, but Care Credit is the largest. They are a part of GE Financial, a very large, reliable firm. You could also charge the remaining fee on a credit card, but those fees to carry the credit are usually significantly higher.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

WE HAVE BEEN OFFERING IT FOR YEARS WITH GREAT REVIEWS!

+1
We offer Care credit in our office and many patients are really happy to hear that there is an option to finance all or some of the surgery cost. Every office has different plans to offer for their patients. The most attractive and seek for plan is always the one for 0% interest. We offer 12 months interest free plan and as long as you will be able to pay the amount you finance on time within the chosen period you are in great shape. There are no hidden charges or surprises. The problem occurs once you are late with your final payment. Please remember to be prompt and on the schedule with your payments. You can also prepay which gives you certain flexibility. Please read carefully contract with Care Credit.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD