Can I take a bath in the bath tub after a brow lift and Blepharoplasty?

My post-op instructions say sponge bath only. Why can I not take a regular bath if I keep my face completely dry?

Bath post brow lift and blepharoplasty

+2
each surgeon has their own regimen they like to use after surgery. Some may not want the heat to be close to the surgical site, or risk bacteria getting on the incision. raising the temperature can cause blood vessel to dilate which can increase swelling as well.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Bathing after brow lift and blepharoplasty

+2

Most likely, it would be okay for you to take a bath and keep your face dry after a brow lift and blepharoplasty, but it is always best to check with your particular surgeon.  Your surgeon has the most information about your particular procedure and is ultimately responsible for your care and recovery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

We are not the people to ask this question of.

+2

We all have opinions regarding when you can do things after surgery.  But these are for our patients that we operated on.  You need to have this question answered by your surgeon.  That is the person who knows your particular details.  That is the person who has to take care of you if there are any issues.

+1
Different surgeons have different requirements during recovery. I would adhere to your surgeon's advice; it may have something to do with the proximity of your face to the water/steam or the temperature of the bath. If you are really dying to take a bath talk to your PS about it. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Bathing after Brow Lift

+1

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon has their own guidelines and you should discuss this with them first. I have my esthetician wash all brow lift patients hair the day after surgery and I advise patients that they may shower and wash their hair daily if they want. I have never seen any problem with this approach, and have never seen an infection following this procedure. Of course, there is really no difference between a sponge bath and shower if you keep your face and head dry.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Bath after brow lift and eyes

+1

It is quite reasonable to assume you can take a bath and avoid getting your face wet, but I would ask your surgeon.