I Am a Landscaper/gardener Considering Getting Breast Implants and Need to Know How Long I Should Take off of Work?

I have read that it takes about 6 weeks before you are allowed to participate in strenuous activity. Would doing basic landscape maintenance i.e raking, weeding, bending over and light lifting be allowed before the 6 weeks?

Youi can return to light duties in 5-7 days

+1

you could return to light duties in 5-7 days but you definitely should not overdue it.

you can gradually increase your physical work load but it should be 4-6 wks until you

pick up very heavy items or do long hard labor such as digging holes or using an axe etc

sincerely

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

How long is recovery after breast augmentation

+1

At least plan for one week out of the office. After that you can get back to very light activities, gradually increasing to tolerance, but any heavy manual labor will probably not be possible for up to 6 weeks. This is assuming your implants are under the pectoral muscle as most of them are.

+1

In general, most surgeons will not allow you to return to full upper body activities for 4-6 weeks.  You will probably feel much better in the first week or two, but will still have activity restrictions for longer.