I Am a Landscaper/gardener Considering Getting Breast Implants and Need to Know How Long I Should Take off of Work?

I have read that it takes about 6 weeks before you are allowed to participate in strenuous activity. Would doing basic landscape maintenance i.e raking, weeding, bending over and light lifting be allowed before the 6 weeks?

Time off work post breast surgery

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for recovery. Typically, patients can return to light duties after 5 to 7 days. More physically demanding work like you do may take 3 to 6 weeks. Consult with your surgeon as he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.  

Probably better to wait 6 weeks

+1
I recommend you wait the full 6 weeks before returning to work, since landscaping can be quite physically demanding. However, you may return to work after 3 weeks if you take it easy and do not lift anything heavy.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1
On average, I ask patients to take off 1 week after breast augmentation surgery (desk job).  For some professions (such as yours), I may suggest  going back to work with a lighter workload (or in your case, having someone else do the more strenous work, etc.. that would involve the pectoralis muscle).  Ideally, I like my patients not to lift anything heavy or do things  that contract the pectoralis musle for at 4-6 weeks. Best wishes.

Youi can return to light duties in 5-7 days

+1

you could return to light duties in 5-7 days but you definitely should not overdue it.

you can gradually increase your physical work load but it should be 4-6 wks until you

pick up very heavy items or do long hard labor such as digging holes or using an axe etc

sincerely

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

How long is recovery after breast augmentation

+1

At least plan for one week out of the office. After that you can get back to very light activities, gradually increasing to tolerance, but any heavy manual labor will probably not be possible for up to 6 weeks. This is assuming your implants are under the pectoral muscle as most of them are.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

In general, most surgeons will not allow you to return to full upper body activities for 4-6 weeks.  You will probably feel much better in the first week or two, but will still have activity restrictions for longer.

David A. Lickstein, MD