Are There Any Surgeons in Pa, NJ, DE, MD, or Nearby Who Perform the Ultimate Breast Lift?

I really like the idea of the Ultimate Breast Lift! Does anyone in the area (the northeast/east coast) preform it?

Ultimate breast lift?

+1

I have never heard of the ulitmate breast lift, but I will perform limited incision lifts when applicable. This is commonly done using a vertical skin closure or lollipop  lift.

Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

When patients ask about breast lifts, the first thing they ask about are the incisions.  The incisions usually fade with time and the real key is to make sure that your breast has the perfect shape.  For many patients, a vertical scar is a component of this.  Make sure that you like the shape of the breasts you see when discussing your surgeons results.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

Breast lift can involve many incision types and techniques.  Incisions are important, but shape, contours, and longevity of result may be more important.  I would evaluate results on websites to assess both scar position and scar length as well as shape.  The only thing that will be missing is longevity of result.  In general, the tighter the skin envelope the more durable the result.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Ultimate breast lift

+1

Hi Jae9,

I have serious reservations about the "ultimate breast lift."  I have been in practice for approximately 20 years and although I perform many plastic surgical procedures, I have become quite known for my breast lifts.  I have lectured on the topic, and I have performed this procedure on a number of wives of plastic surgeons.

The goal of a breast lift is not only to raise the breast to a higher position, but to also produce an acceptable shape, as well as minimize the scaring.  Although the "ultimate" breast lift may indeed lift the breast, I think it fails when it comes to producing a good shape and acceptable incisions.

As far as the shape is concerned, the breast should have adequate projection relative to the base, that is, the breast should have a conical shape with its peak projection at the nipple areola complex.  In the ultimate breast lift there is somewhat of a flattening at the central portion of the breast in the region of the nipple.  One can see this mostly on side view. This is the case because no vertical incision is used during the procedure.  There is only an incision around the areola which inevitably flattens the breast, and a horizontal.  It is impossible to produce an adequately projected breast without a vertical incision.

Regarding the incisions of the "Ultimate Breast Lift," I think here too it falls short.  Out of all the incisions used on the breast (periareolar, vertical, and horizontal),  the ultimate breast lift avoids the vertical but incorporates the periareolar and the horizontal. It may sound advantageous to avoid this vertical incision as it is right in the middle of the breast and perhaps plainly visible, but this is a fallacy.  Out of all the incisions on the breast it is the vertical scar that usually heals the best.  Quite often, it is very difficut to see this vertical incision once healed. This is well established in the literature.  As a matter of fact, it is the long horizontal that often is the problematic one.  One may argue that since the horizontal incision  is at the bottom of the breast it is not as readily seen.  This is not true at the extent of the incision.  A poorly healed horizontal scar will be quite visible in a low cut dress or a bathing suit top. To trade out the vertical incision for a horizontal incision is a poor choice for the above two reasons.  It leads to a poorly shaped breast and a potentially problematic scar.  To use the descriptive ultimate lift for this procedure is a bit presumptuous to say the least.

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS