Are my implants too large for my body?
Doctor Answers (8)
Implants too Big?
Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS
Wait 3-4 months before assessing results
If at 3-4 months you still dislike your results, you can consider revision surgery.
Are breast implants too large
- I am sorry you are worried after your breast augmentation,
- I assume your chest width is 13 cm (not inches...easy typo)
- I checked the Allergan moderate profile saline implants for a 13 cm chest width - your implant should fit your chest, which is good,
- You are swollen, the size will go down,
- They sound as though they are riding high, as saline implants do under the muscle.
- Give the implants six weeks to settle down and swelling to subside.
- If they still seem too big for you, discuss replacement with smaller implants in 6 months,
- You may by then be happy with the result and keep what you have! Best wishes.
You might also like...
Implants seem too large
Implants at 8 days
Concerns eight days after breast augmentation
- It takes time after breast augmentation to achieve your final contour and shape. I recommend my patients not be overly concerned for 6 to 8 weeks. I would suggest you continue to follow with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns with him or her. Remember with a breast augmentation you are only adding volume and not adding any extra skin or elasticity does take some time to develop and to achieve your final contour.
Breast augmentation results after 8 days.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.