Breast Lift W/ Implant. Opinions? Recommendations?

I'm a 36, 5'8, 140, 35 & breast fed my kids. Im thinking a lollipop lift w/implants. I definitely like the high profile look. My breasts are deflated & wrinkly when I bend over. I'm interested in gaining mass in my upper poles. Other than that I don't know what to ask for & I don't want to walk into a consultation uneducated & ill prepared. I hear of so many options...gummy bears, tear drops, saline, silicone, benelli, lollipop, behind the wall, CC amounts, etc. Professional opinions???

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

The goal of breast surgery is to create beautiful breasts.  There are many factors that are required to achieve beauty; symmetry, skin tone, position of breast on the chest wall, areola position and least of all volume.  You have not stated what your breast size is.  If you are size 32 or 34, each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38, each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  You have to figure out what size you would like to be and based on these formulas you can calculate the volume required.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral for the most natural look and feel.  The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift eliminates the wrinkling skin, changes the shape of your breasts creating upper pole fullness and displaces the breasts medially to increase cleavage.  This technique produces long standing results since the breast weight is transferred to the underlying muscle.  This technique avoids the unsightly vertical, lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  You would be an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Looks like you've researched a lot - great job!

+1

You have obviously done your homework preparing for your breast surgery.  It sounds like you have thought through exactly what you don’t like about your breasts and what you want them to look like after surgery.  I would suggest that you go ahead and schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery.  The different procedures/implants you mentioned all have a place in our toolbox.  However, all of these procedures/implants are not appropriate in every situation.  The consult will narrow this down and address the possibilities in your specific case.

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

+1

The choice of a lift to go along withyoru implant surgery really depends upon the way your breasts look now and how they will appear with implants.  Sometimes I use a circumareola technique, otheres I use a lollipop, and the severe laxity and sagging I use an inverted- T technique.

Breast Lift with Implants

+1

Without photos it is hard to comment. If you nipple is above the fold on a lateral view of your breasts then you don't need a lift.  If it way down below your fold then you need a anchor or lollipop lift  This is best determined by your PS and you.  Implant size also has to be done in person. My advice is get three opinions they will educate you and you can pick the PS you are most comfortable with.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Implants

+1

Without photos or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, if your breasts are "deflated" and you are looking for more volume in the "upper poles," then you will likely need implants in addition to a lift.  It is best to seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon and review your options.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Breast lift and implant options

+1
I agree with you. There are so many choices and reading/net surfing can only take you so far. I recommend that you see several plastic surgeons in consultation, try to reconcile differing opinions and determine the type of procedure with which you are comfortable and will meet your goals.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast lift with implants is a powerful combo surgery

+1

A breast lift result can be enhanced with the addition of a small implant. The implant itself imparts some upper pole volume to the breast. A breast lift cannot do this by itself. The type of implant and breast lift technique are important considerations that only a face-to-face meeting with an experienced board certified surgeon can help you sort out. Good luck !

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast rejuvenation with a lift and implants

+1

When it comes to rejuvenating the breasts, you have several options.  They basically involve a lift and an implant. Here are the lift options:

1.  Periareolar lift - the scars stay right around the areola, but the amount of lift that you get is limited.

2.  Lollipop lift - the scars go around the areola and straight down, but the lift is much greater than the periareolar lift and you can get great projection.

3.  Anchor lift - the scars go around the areola, straight down, and across underneath the breast.  Even though this involves the most scars, the lift that you can get is fantastic.

When it comes to implants, here are your choices:

1.  Silicone - more natural look and feel compared to saline implants, but can cost more.

2.  Saline - cost less than silicone, but can feel hard if not placed under a lot of breast tissue.

When it comes to a lift with an implant, the size of the implant depends upon your aesthetic goals.  Having done a lot of lifts with and without implants, I spend as much time as needed to make sure that my patients are happy with their lift type and implant selection.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Recommendations?

+1

Hard to make any specific recommendations without at least some photos!

In general, most surgeons in the US prefer silicone, largely because our patients prefer them. They fell more natural, more like actual breast tissue, compared with saline.

Most surgeons in the US prefer implant placement behind the pectoralis muscle. They look, on average, more natural at rest (though not necessarily with arm movement), and they are less likely to develop capsular contracture. 

I wouldn't guess implant volume--I don't know your current size nor your goal size. Similarly, I could begin to guess whether or not you need a lift and if so what incision pattern.  A breast lift is usually done for one of these reasons:

•elevate the nipple and areola
•remove excess skin from the breast (after weight loss, pregnancy, aging)
•create or restore symmetry

At this time you seem ready for an in person consultation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.
.