Should I Be Worried About the Dent I Have Inside the Left Cleavage? (photo)

I am 8 day post op and so far I love my results. The only thing that is bothering me is the dent I have on my left breast inside my cleavage. I know that I'm way early how I just want to know what causes this and if it goes away.It has been this way since day 1. I had 495cc hp saline on my left side and 465cc on my right side.

Parastermal indentation following a breast augmentation

+1

There appears to be a slight difference in the pocket dissection on each side.  Most likely the condition will resolve over the next several months.  If it does not resolve over the next 3 months or so your plastic surgeon may suggest a revision.  

Shape problems after breast augmentation

+1

Shape problems after breast augmentatio

I would begin gently massage of the breasts together to help stretch the muscle fibers in this area.  There is still swelling and early changes .. see the web and video below

Early indent after breast augmentation

+1

You have gone with a large size and getting them close to the middle requires keeping some tissues attached there.  This can sometimes cause a little dent which usually smoothes out over a few months.  Point it out at your next doctor visit.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Cleavage after breast augmentation

+1

In addition to what's been said below, the dent could also be an irregularity in the origin of your pectoral muscle at the breastbone attachment.  As the tissues relax over the next few months and the capsule of scar tissue forms around your implants, this will likely be lessened or disappear.  Show it to your surgeon, but he will likely advise you to wait at least 3 months to see if it resolves on its' own.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

V Should I Be Worried About the Dent I Have Inside the Left Cleavage

+1

I see what looks like a rather minor irregularity. Nothing should be done at this time, as many such dents are gone by the time the implants have settled. 

Since your implants are different in size, I would assume there was some preop difference, and that may play a role in the current status.

Patience,  all the best. 

Irregularities at 8 days after breast augmentation

+1

At 8 days it is too soon to worry about irregularities. This more than likely will improve with time. Good luck.

Contour irregularity one week after Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello 'dreamangel110', thanks for your question.  As you mentioned, it is much too early to be concerned about small contour irregularities after breast augmentation surgery.  'Bumps' and 'dents' can be due to a number of different factors including normal swelling, muscle tightness, small fluid collections, and ripples in the implants, especially when larger saline implants are used.  The fact that you needed different sized implants tells me that you had some baseline asymmetry preop which can lead to continued irregularity postop.  Most of these will go away once the muscle relaxes and the breast soft tissue stretches with time.  Things to watch for that can also lead to early 'dents' are large fluid collections or infections, which based on your photos you do not seem to have.  Give it some time (several months) and things should settle down nicely.  In the meantime, I recommend having regular followups with your plastic surgeon so that they may address any of your concerns.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon