One of my creases is lower than the other and they are not proportionate, can this be fixed when I have a BA done? (photo)

I've gone to 2 consults for BA and neither PS said anything could fix that one of my creases is lower than the other. I'm worried when my breasts are bigger the different size&placement will be noticeable. Any suggestions what could be done to fix this? Also my natural breasts were a 34D before breastfeeding 3 children, they now do not fill a 34A. Any doctors in NJ, NY, PA, MD area have experience with this willing to set up a consult with me? I want a BA in April 2014. Thank you!

Postpartum atrophy and asymmetry with a breast crease

+2

Thank you for your question. The good news is that you are absolutely a candidate for cosmetic breast surgery.

I would like to make some suggestions and also help set you set expectations. Your plastic surgeon will take measurements during your exam, but it appears to me that your procedure will include a skin tightening procedure. Implant selection, as always, will be very important. Your photos are very helpful. It appears that your torso is asymmetrical: this is cartilage and bone that will not be changed with an augmentation. The importance of your torso or rib cage asymmetry is that your implants will always rest on this and any difference postoperatively, may very well be due to this asymmetry which cannot be changed with an implant. This is something to consider as you proceed with your fact-finding process.

You are an excellent candidate for breast surgery. You are doing the right thing in consulting with various plastic surgeons to find the right fit for you.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Can my crease be made more symmetrical?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. A breast augmentation with silicone gel implants under the muscle will give you a very nice result. Yes, you technically can try to correct your crease to be more symmetrical, but that opens up risk for complications. Your crease is like a fingerprint, it is unique to you. No one has perfectly symmetrical breasts. Yes, asymmetries will be more magnified after your enlarge your breasts but going into it knowing what realistic results can be achieved is important. Your improvement will be from more volume and fuller nice shaped breasts. Make sure you consult with board certified plastic surgeons and are comfortable with them and know your options. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Changing inframammary fold crease

+1

At size 34 A each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To return to your 34 D would require 300 cc implants. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Your inframammary fold can be elevated and I recommend a circumareola approach. The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, inframammary folds can be repositioned. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Correcting breast asymmetries

+1
Dear ksj, There are things that can be done to correct inframammary fold asymmetries. The issue in correcting them is really what effect will it have on the location and orientation of the nipple/areola complex. For example, lowering the fold too much surgically may cause a "star gazing" nipple. From the last photo, it appears that your left nipple/areolar complex is low enough on the breast that your fold can be lowered to more closely match the right fold without creating that effect. So, at least on the surface of what I see here, achieving better symmetry in your fold levels is not a problem. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast asymmetries can be improved during breast augmentation

+1

As mentioned previously, breast asymmetries are routinely addressed during breast augmentation. Although some asymmetry will always be present, major differences in the breast shape and volume can be corrected--including your inframammary fold height disparity. We routinely deal with many breast asymmetries and would be happy to help you achieve your cosmetic goals. We also offer complimentary consultations as well. Best wishes.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breast crease

+1

Hi

Breast augmentation has many goals, including adding volume, shape and form to the breast but also trying to fix asymmetries between the 2 sides.

The crease can definitely be fixed and evened up. Yes you may run into the problem of double bubble, but that only occurs if the implants aren't correctly selected for your chest and breast dimensions.

One thing is for sure, if you do the exact same operation on both sides (i.e. not trying to lower one crease) you will have the unevenness after the operation with the nipples also being uneven.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast crease issues

+1

No two breasts are exactly alike and creases are often a bit different. Trying to change the natural fold can lead to a double bubble. Good luck with your choice for surgeons.

Breast Asymmetry and Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

I would be happy to see you in consultation. You are correct that you have a lower crease on the right, and the breast does appear to be a bit larger in volume. There are some things that can be done to treat these asymmetries and I'd be happy to discuss them with you in consultation.

Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

You May Need Breast Lift On Right For Symmetry After Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. First understand that all women have asymmetrical breasts and no one has perfectly symmetrical breasts.

A formal in person exam and consultation is required to give you proper advice.

Looking at your photographs I do see your asymmetry. The right breast and inframammary crease is lower than on the left.

In my experience a one sided breast lift on the right and bilateral breast augmentation with implants may be the best option to give you symmetry.

I suggest that you obtain further consultation with plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced in breast cosmetic surgery, and who have excellent reputation's in their local community. Although you do not have tubular breasts,if you read the attached link and scroll to the last patient photograph you will see the procedure I mentioned above to correct asymmetry similar to yours.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Asymmetry

+1

It is impossible to give an adequate answer to this difficult situation w/o an exam. Having said that, asymmetries are often due to rib cage abnormalities/asymmetries, and implants will not fix this. Usually it is best to not try to adjust fold levels.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon