Will my 2 Inch Cleavage Improve? (photo)

Im 1 day post op. doing well for now. I had 425 cc HP silicone unders preaerola. My only concern is before the surgery my dr told me i will have only 1 inch gap between breasts. But theres 2 inch gap maybe even more than that. Will the cleavage improve over time? I want them to be close together as Miss Prestin's. but my breasts looks too far apart and i feel like they are not big enough. Any idea what i am gonna end up looking like? Im 99lbs 5'3"

Breast cleavage

+1

It is too early to tell.

Having said that I doubt you will move the implants anymore medially as the implants are sitting exactly underneath your natural breast platform. Which are 2inches apart not 1inch as you can tell by your surgeon's pre-op markings.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - reality vs. air-brushing.

+1

Many patients bring photos and unrealistic expectations to the plastic surgeons office. A common theme is bringing an air-brushed photo of a model with over-sized implants and expecting the same results. The reality is that your breast anatomy limits what a breast augmentation can do. An implant placed beneath the muscle cannot move anymore centrally than where the muscle inserts on the breastbone. If one releases the muscle centrally, a deformity known as synmastia can occur where the implants can cross the midline and can actually touch. Cleavage is achieved with a bra, not with surgery.

An appropriately sized implant, chosen to augment the natural anatomy of a woman's breast (not replace the anatomy) leads to the highest augmentation satisfaction. Choosing implants that are too large for the breast will often lead to thinning of the breast tissue, rippling, and implant malposition. The most common complaint I hear from women who have had implants for many years is that they wish they had chosen smaller implants.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage not enough

+1

Be careful; what you wish for.when trying to create medial cleavage you ahve to be careful not to go too close together and create symastia or what we call the uni boob.That is really tough to correct.I think your impalnts are a good size and I would wait and give it soem time.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage after breast aug

+1

First you are very early in the healing process, so pl give it more time. Second, your cleavage is determined by you pec muscle attachment to your breast bone. Implants can not be closer together than that attachment. Trying to create cleavage will be a surgical disaster. You will likely have some cleave but give your skin some time to stretch. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Will my 2 Inch Cleavage Improve?

+1

You had slightly wide set breasts to begin with. So the result will be very good but as for a closer cleavage I doubt. 

Degree of cleavage is related many factors

+1

The degree of cleavage from a breast augmentation is a function of many anatomic factors

1. The existing width of the sternum
  2. The position of the origin of the pectoralis muscle
  3. The thickness of the pectoralis muscle
  4. The flair of the rib cage as it angles away from the sternum
  5. Existing breast tissue 

Your breasts may get a little closer together as they muscle relaxes.  Give it another 3 months.  

Improving cleavage

+1

Your cleavage is a function of your underlying anatomy which if the implants were placed under the muscle are where the insertion of the muscle is on the chest.  Give it time.