I Am 5 Weeks Post Op Lift & Implants, Have Areola Necrosis Do I Continue Treating the Area with Silvadene?

I clean and reapply silvadene & fresh dressing daily. It looks like pus but does not smell and the area around the areola is not red or hot. I am not running a fever either. Black scab is almost completly off, do I continue with the silvadene? The area where the scab is already off is very pink and raw looking, and figure this will take weeks to heal and also I have diabetes. Out of country for a work and can't see my surgeon for another 3 weeks. How do I continue to care for the wound?

Nipple necrosis after breast lift with implants

+1

You provided no pictures so advice is very difficult. As mentioned before speak and see your surgeon regularly to treated the problem. If needed consult with a surgeon in your area for closer follow up if you can't see your surgeon.

Good luck!

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Advice for wound care for a necrotic nipple

+1

should be obtained from your surgeon.  You can call long distance or communicate through his website.  Dr. Gottlieb's advise is on target!

Curtis Wong, MD

Areola Necrosis

+1

Rather than collecting advice from strangers, I would advise staying in email communication with your surgeon, sending photos. Your surgeon knows you, has seen the wound and followed your recovery.