I Am 27y/o 99lbs 5'3? Second Opinion On Breast Implant Size? (photo)

Hi, im a 30b/32a cup petite woman. considering breasts like Miss Prestin's. i have seen 2 doctors. They both said 400-450cc is the most i can get cuz of my breast tissue and will be enough to give me the round firm breasts like hers. Do you agree? Should i go bigger? I dont want them to look ridiculously big but im very into fake full round look. Also one of the dr.s suggested areola incision to be able to place the implants properly and for less scars. Is areola really the best choice for me?

Size of implant should be based on chest width and hight measurements

+2

The largest implant that would fit safely depends on how wide and high your breast and chest are.  Also, you must remember that if you go larger than what the measurements of your chest allow the chances that you can have a cosmetic complication later, are much higher.  Complications such as synmastia (unibreast), bottoming out or other problems can occur when a too large implant is "shoe horned" into a breast too narrow to accommodate it.  That being said it seems the size you have chosen is reasonable if your chest is wide enough.  If your goal is to have a very prominent "fake" look  than a larger implant may be better for you as long as you understand the long term cosmetic risks and deformities that may occur.

Selecting breast implant size in a petite girl with A cup breasts

+2

The best way to help you select the appropriate size of implants to meet your goals is to try on sizers at consultation with a board certified surgeon who can help guide you properly.  Once you establish the general volume range that you prefer, then considerations such as the width measurement of your chest and the desired shape of your breasts should be noted and discussed.  Sometimes it is best to use one of the higher profile implants, such as a high or ultra-high profile implant, to achieve a desired look.  Of course, pictures of desired outcomes, while not a guaranteed result, can be helpful to demonstrate your specific goals.  Thus, 400 - 450 cc might be the best size for you, but it is really difficult to tell with certainty without the measures that I have discussed above.  With regard to incision placement, once I have educated them about the implications of each choice, I usually leave that choice to my patients if I can.  I can tell you though, that the advantages of the periareolar approach are usually optimal aesthetics of the scars as they will blend and hide better, and it can be easier to create the pocket more accurately in smaller breasted girls because of the ability to adjust the landmarks of the breast, like the inframammary fold, as necessary.  All of these considerations should be discussed in detail with your surgeon, and you should be very comfortable with the plan outlined by him or her before going to surgery.  If not, then seek another opinion in a personal consultation, and look for a surgeon who helps you understand completely what he or she recommends and why, and make sure that he or she can demonstrate successful results using similar plans on similar patients with similar goals.  Best of luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Dimensional planning and tissue laxity dictates max implant size

+2

Your breast/chest width and tissue laxity dictate your max implant size. In my patients with similar bra size and appearance who haven't had children 400-475cc is just about the largest you can squeeze in. If your breasts have been larger previously due to weight gain or pregnancy larger may be possible. Otherwise you can always go larger with an ultra high profile 3-6 months after initial surgery once your skin and muscle have relaxed if you so desire. I have a niche group of girls who do that all the time!

Also of note you have a long torso almost pseudoptosis and low breast position so you will need a large implant to have the superior pole fullness you desire. 

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+2

Breast augmentation is relatively easy.  Management of the long-term side effects is very difficult.  Although it is difficult to tell from your photos, I think that a 400-450cc implant will likely lead to long-term problems.  The desired results (from your photos) are acheivable, but at very high risk for later capsular contracture and need for further surgical procedures.  These subsequent procedures are difficult and may not be associated with long-term success.  In the big picture, I would not recommend anything that I wouldnt recommend to someone in my family- that being said, I would not recommend a 400-450cc implant.  You may be happy in the short-term, but at high-risk for long term problems.

Jarrod Little, MD

Second Opinion On Breast Implant Size?

+2

This really needs an in person exam for so specific a question. Added info needed includes the width of the breasts. A general guideline most surgeons observe is to avoid implants wider than the breast. A 450 cc high profile implant would require at least 12.5 cm (5 inches). I suspect you are not wider than that, perhaps not that wide. An extra high profile implant can get more volume with similar breast width, and would look more fake, perhaps more than you would find attractive.

What can't be judged at all without an in person exam is the stretch-ability of the breast tissue which can also be a limiting factor.

Since two surgeons gave you such similar size limitations, I suspect the advice is sensible. All the best. 

Expectations in breast augmentation surgery

+2

Breast implant size and desired appearance after surgery is certainly up to each individual.  You are quite small both in breast size, chest circumference and breast base diameter.  A 400 to 450 cc implant will be large on you and will give you a good deal of fullness.  If you use a high profile implant you will also get the roundness.  The real question and one that can not be assessed from photo is the looseness of your skin and breast tissue.  If loose enough then this size implant will work.  Personally I think it is a large size but I am not the one making the decision you are.  

Breast Augmentation Results Like Miss Prestin

+1
While many women prefer the natural look some do like the "fake full round look" that you mention. It is important that you see a board certified plastic surgeon that can help you achieve the exact goals you want, rather than asking these questions online. Only an in person consultation can get you the answers you want.

Having said that, however, normally, this result can be achieved by selecting larger implants that have good projection. Please be aware that the larger your implants, the higher the risk of certain undesirable outcomes such as stretch marks.  Best of luck!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size to achieve your goals

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Second Opinion on Breast Implant Size

+1

It is best to choose a implant size after a full discussion of your wishes and a thorough examination with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon who can analyze certain physical characteristics of your chest/breast.  From the your photos (and photos are not as good a guide as an examination), I think that the 400 cc size range is probably the largest you could go.  However, my own personal opinion is that such a large size in a slender woman with very small breasts and tight skin will likely carry significant risk for problems years down the road, such as stretching of your skin, atrophy of your own breast  and fatty tissue over the implant, and widening of your scars.  This will probably lead to visible rippling near the sides of your breasts when you are in certain positions and bulging of the implant lower on your chest, below where the bottom of your breast rests now.  It is important that you weigh the advantage of the "unnatural" look you supposedly like against the disadvantage of these possible future problems, that could be very difficult to correct.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD