I am 53 years old - is it too late to have rhinoplastic surgery done? (Photo)

Also, in my early 20's, I had a deviated septum surgery. I asked the doctor if they could change the appearance of my nose, but was told that would defeat the purpose of having the deviated septum corrected. I have been self-conscience of my nose since I was 13 years old. I have a long nose, perhaps a large nose, and my nostrils are especially too large. I believe a complete augmentation performed on my nose would make a huge difference in my life, and also see if I need a deviated septum surgery redo.

I am 53 years old - is it too late to have rhinoplastic surgery done?

No, it is not too late to have a rhinoplasty surgery.  The goal of the rhinoplasty is to reduce and refine the nose so the focus will be on your eyes/cheek area!

You can have a rhinoplasty at 53 years of age

Yes you can certainly have a rhinoplasty surgery at 53. It sounds like you've been bothered by your nose for a long time and making some changes to your nasal appearance would make a big difference in your life.

You can check out my web reference link below to read about long, over-projected nose rhinoplasty along with seeing some before and after example photos.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Bst53grl, You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery or possibly septorhinoplasty surgery if the "septum" needs addressing. Upon consultation and direct examination a surgical plan would be suggested. Age 53 is not to late to have a rhinoplasty. During consultation you will be able to have digital imaging performed which will allow you to see the proposed surgical results. This is an exciting time to see the changes that will be made to your nose and for you especially something you have long waited for. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

rhinoplasty candidate at age 53

It is possible to have your nose done at any age, and 53 is certainly not too old. The rhinoplasty procedure can certainly address shortening   the long nose, narrowing the large tip, and narrowing wide nostrils.   The only way to see if you need additional deviated septum surgery will require an in- person examination and consultation. For many examples of  long noses we have shortened, please see the link below

It's never too late to have the look you have always wanted

Dear bst53grl,

As a rhinoplasty specialized practice we can tell you that a lot of patients now a days have there rhinoplasty well into there 50s and 60s. For many it is finally time to do something for themselves that they have wanted to do all their lives. And what's more based on your pictures we would say you are a great candidate.

Peyman Solieman, MD             

Peyman Solieman, MD

Tip refinement will have a dramatic impact on your nose and your overall facial balance.  Find a rhinoplasty expert to help you achieve natural results.

Rhinoplasty at Age 53

As long as you are in good health, your age will not be a consideration if you want to have a rhinoplasty and a revision of septal surgery. Although I want to see more than a frontal view of your nose I don't think you will need augmentation.

Rhinoplasty in your 50's

I have operated on patients in their 70's. Rhinoplasty will certainly have profound affect on your facial appearance. You will need refinement and reduction rather than augmentation of your nose. You will need cartilagenous support at the tip to keep the new tip in its position.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I think you have answered your own question. If the appearance of your nose bothers you get it fixed.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Never TOO LATE for a rhinoplasty

Thank you for your inquiry!

Being self-conscience about the current look of your nose indicates that you have been contemplating a corrective rhinoplasty for a while. Considering the elective nature of this surgery, I advise you to consider consulting a surgeon for this matter.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS