5 Weeks Post Belotero- Where Should I Go from Here? (photo)

It has been 5 weeks post Belotero tear trough injections and I have a lump of fluid where I bruised the worst under my right eye, along with a slight lump under my left eye. Left eye also has a pretty defined crease that is still there and wasn't "smoothed out" from the injections. Is this the best I can expect? Should I get a second opinion? The assistant told me the bad right eye lump would go away when she saw me 2 weeks post injection, but it hasn't.

Lump in lower eyelid post-injection

+1

Belotero is known to diffuse through the tissues nicely.  Massage may enhance the diffusion.  The trauma from injection in the area may cause prolonged edema or swelling, but usually the small lump will resolve.  If the lump does not resolve, there is an easy remedy. A product called Hylaronidase can be injected and it will totally resolve, usually within a couple hours.  I recommend following up with your physician for assessment.  There will be no reason for the lump to remain.  One of the benefits for using Belotero is that it is reversible.Thank you...

5 weeks after Belotero, where to go from here?

+1

Of course its hard to tell from a photo but from your description and what I can see,  it appears that you may need more product in the mid face under the previously treated area. Belotero is a very soft product and can easily be pressed or massaged to make it lay better so you can do that or return to your provider for correction. But I would strongly suggest more product below the tear trough in your mid face. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Post Belotero Injections

+1

Hi Anna.  It appears as if your eyes look slightly better in the after pictures than before.  But, if you are not happy with the result, you should ask your provider about hyaluronidase (Vitrase) injections to reverse the effects of the injections.  This will take you back to where you started.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD