2 days post op, I got aqua filler injected into my chin and it is still swollen. Is this normal? (photos)

I got pmma or aqua filler injected into my chin area, it has been 2 days since the injection and my chin area is still swollen is this normal?  if so how long does it take for the swelling to go down. I got the injections on july 4th 2014. if not how can i correct it.

Swelling Post Fillers

+2
It can take up to 2 weeks for swelling to subside.  I suggest if there is any redness or pain to go back to your physician for an evaluation.  It is not common to have symptoms such as these and may require an additional workup.  For now, anti-inflammatory medications such as Aleve or Motrin and cold compresses seem to help "swelling" or edema.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling from fillers

+1
Swelling from fillers is common and can last up to about 2 weeks. With PMMA fillers they need to be placed much deeper, which can make the swelling even more pronounced.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD