Breast Lift with Implants? or Just Breast Implants? (photo)

Hi I'm 30 years old and I just gave birth to my son a few months ago and after my pregnancy my breast have dropped so now they are saggy. I would like to get a breast implant with a perky look but also natrual. I'm looking for a doctor just haven't found one yet. Please Advice what is the best option for me. Thank you.

Avoid implants when volume is adequate

+1

The best solution is a lift with no implants.  Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra or cup size but you appear large.  There is a new technique called The Mini UItimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the need of an implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift but not implants

+1

Assuming you are not breast feeding and you don't plan to lose a lot of weight,  your breast size is very proportional with your body build, so I would not recommend breast implants (which would make your breasts significantly larger).  There would be no benefit to implants unless you wanted to be larger.  Your nipples are below the level of the crease under the breasts and there is no skin visible below the areola on the frontal view, so I think that you clearly would benefit from a breast lift to give you the most aesthetic breasts.   

Roger J. Oldham, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift for restoration of the breast with or without implants

+1

If you do not want  your final breast size to be any larger then you are a good candidate for a breast lift using your own breast tissue to build up the central and upper portions of your breast.  This autoaugmentation works well when there is more than 4 cm of breast tissue hanging below the inframammary crease.   If you want larger breast then the same type of procedure can be performed and the base of the breast can be expanded with an implant. 

Breast implants with or without lift?

+1

You need a lift with implants due to the ptosis of you breasts.  Your nipples are below the inframammary folds.  This combination with give you the best result.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation or Both

+1

The answer depends on how low your nipples are, how loose the skin is, and how large you want to be. 

Your nipples are fairly low - below the fold under your breasts. To achieve a "lift effect" from refilling the volume of your breasts with breast augmentation (implants) you would need to select a fairly large size - 450cc or larger I suspect. This would still leave some sagging, but this would be improved. You would also have fairly large breasts as a result. 

If you would rather stay a similar size, or perhaps just restore some volume that has been lost in the breasts, then a lift would be the best option for you. To give a final recommendation a physical exam to feel the stretch of your skin and a discussion about your goals is needed. 

Cory Goldberg, MD

Breast augmentation vs. breast lift

+1

In your front view photo there is no visible skin below the level of the areola at the vertical mid-breast axis. That can only be addressed by a lift procedure. Make sure you wait sufficient time for the breast milk machinery to turn off before having breast surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast lift with implants or just breast implants

+1

Hi....You need to be further from in the post pregnancy time period and not breast feeding for at least 3-6 months.  Once you get stable with your weight and breast volume, you WILL need a breast lift.  If you do breast implants with your nipples so low, you will have a double bubble effect where the breast implants are higher and more centralized and your breast tissue "hangs" off the central position of the nipple.  You might consider taking tissue off of your breasts and then increasing the size of the implant.  With this approach, you will get  a  longer "perky" appearance wth the filling in above the new nipple complex position from the implant.  The breast reduction/lift will allow for a less tissue weight over the muscle.  It seems that you want to be larger too.  That would mean increasing the volume by an amount determined by you and your ps and the volume of the implant would be more (as determined by looking photos of patients that have had this procedure) than the volume removed.  Sounds complex but the math is not your problem.  It is up to your ps to give you as many different options as he/she can in order for you to choose the one that will suit your goals.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants or just implants?

+1

This is a common question. Your breasts appear to have adequate volume but appears to have at least moderate sagging. You need a breast lift, the particular type which needs to be determined at time of examination. You do not need implants! You should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing breast surgery and you should look lots of before and after photos. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Was Breast Augmentation the Right Choice?

+1

When the lowest part of the areola is lower than the breast fold, that is an indication that implants alone will have an unsatisfying result. I would say that your better options are breast lift alone (if the size in a bra is ok) or lift plus implants. All the best. 

Lift or augment

+1

It all depends on your expectations.  The lift is indicated; the issue is whether you are happy with the size, as is, or want to be larger.  If you haven't lost all the pregnancy weight, I'd advise you to do so before making a surgical plan.  Congratulations on the baby.

Robert L. Kraft, MD