Would I be a good candidate for chin implant with lipo? Or platysmaplasty? (Photo)

I am 42 with low body fat. High level of overall health. I think my skin has good elasticity. The chin is genetic. Thanks Lafayette La.

Candidate for Chin implant with lipo?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
The photo is a bit limited especially with your facial hair, but you appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant along with submental liposuction. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

Would I be a good candidate for chin implant with lipo? Or platysmaplasty?

+1
More photos would be necessary to give you the best advice. In general, a chin implant with liposuction of the chin/neck area yields a great result. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Candidate for a chin implant and neck lift

+1
A small chin implant can be inserted along the mandible to give added projection to the chin area. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation. Fatty deposits in the neck are located above and below the platysma muscle, so a neck lift is necessary. This would involve removal of fat with liposuction above the muscle and dissection of the fat out from underneath the muscle and the platysma plasty. 

Chin Recontouring

+1
The photo submitted is a little difficult, due to the beard. However, it appears that you have mostly excess fat underneath your chin. This would typically be addressed with liposuction. A small chin implant may add to the result, if needed based on exam. Also, on examination, the physician would be able to determine if you have a low hyoid bone, which limits the degree of correction from any type of neck surgery.

All the best

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
With this one photo and the beard, it is really hard to say, but I believe a small chin implant or filler would give you more definition.  For men, angularity is always desired.  A bit of filler such as Radiesse to the jawline and chin would give you more definition and angularity.