If I Get Laeger Implants Do I Still Need a Lift if I Go Under the Muscle? I Dont Want the Scarring Unless Its Necessary. (photo)

I have had 3 kids not having any more im 5;5 140 pounds and fit. I would like large implants as I love the 'done' look and teardrop shape. not sure what to expect if I need a lift and implants, how much does it typically cost? how does it heal? will I have uneven nipple and can they be made smaller, and is that part of a lift?Can I achieve the look i want with just implants alone?Im currently a deflated 38c.

When Breast Implants Alone Are Not Enough

+1

Breast implants are designed to increase breast size. Breast lift procedures are designed to improve breast sagging as well as breast and nipple asymmetry. Based on your photographs it appears you have breast sagging and nipple/ areolar asymmetry. The areola (pigmented skin around the nipple) can be made smaller with a breast lift. Based on the breast photos you like it appears doubtful you can achieve your goals with breast implants alone but you should schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to get more definitive answers to your questions.

Draper Plastic Surgeon

Implants and Breast lifts

+1

Hello Danielly19,

Look at the photo of yourself and compare with the photo of the breasts you would like.  You can see breast skin below the nipple in the photo of the breasts you like, and in the photo of your breasts you can't.

Implant size, profile, texture, or placement above or below the muscle will not change your nipple position on the breast mound.  A breast lift will though. The good news is that you might be a good candidate for a short scar type of breast lift, like a vertical mastopexy. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

You will need to have lift

+1

Your pictures and the pictures of the desired look are very helpful. Your nipple position is below your infra-mammary fold. You will need to have lift and implant for volume. I would suggest lift first and few months later implants for volume. Most patient do not want two stage surgery and seek surgeons that do lift/implant in one stage.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Might need a lift after submuscular implants

+1

Submuscular implants will reduce capsular contracture and reduce breast thinning, however with breast droop or a 'done' look a subglandular gel might be a good option. Your nipple is right on the edge of the fold and if below the implant will tend to push the nipple down. Some form of lift will reduce the areolar size and lift the nipple. though the scar is the risk. When in doubt you can have the implant first, and lift later if the look doesn't measure up to expectation.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Is a Lift Needed with Breast Implants

+1

It is possible to decrease the areola size with a type of lift called a Benelli procedure. It is on of the less agressive lifts and the only scar is around the outer edge of the areola. It's a common procedure in my practice and would give you a more youthful looking breast by reducing the areola size and repositioning it at the front of the breast. Regarding implants, it looks like you have enough thickness of your tissues to go with implants over the muscles, but it really takes an examination to be sure. Be aware that the teardrop implants and the round implants cannot be differentiated by a trained surgeon's eye after one year as shown in medical studies and the teardrops have a textured surface which has potential problems. You'll have to talk to one of your local surgeons for a cost extimate.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast augmentation and staged lift

+1

Your nipples are lower that the starting point in your "desired photos."  So you are not going to get the same result as that with just an implant; your nipples will be lower and your areolas will be larger.  You can ceratinly go in that direction with a large implant properly chosen by an experienced plastic surgeon and if after 6 months of healing and settling, you still don't love the result, a lift can then be done.  This may spare you the scars if you like the look of the implants alone and it is also a safe way to do this.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation with Larger Implants?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your breasts ( and nipples/areola complexes)  appeared to be in a “borderline” position. Based on your description of goals,  you may want to proceed with breast augmentation only ( of course this  recommendation would be confirmed after direct physical examination).  If you are not happy with the position of the nipple areola complexes,  these can be raised subsequently ( second stage procedure)  with an incision placed around the areola.

The second stage procedure will serve to elevate the nipple/areola,  potentially improve symmetry,  and reduce the size of the areola.

In person consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons will allow for more detailed assessment of your physical  examination and goals.