Lacri-lube 2 Days After Botox?

my eyes were a bit dry after botox, can I use some lacri-lube or will it interacts with the botox?

Lacrilube and Botox

If you are having dry eye after Botox, please confirm with the plastic surgeon that there are no other anatomic issues that have arisen from the injection.  Eye lubrication to manage the symptoms may be appropriate.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Botox and eye lubricant

There should be no issue using a lubricating eye drop post-Botox injections. I'd also follow up with the provider should you experience any further side-effects that cause irritation.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Lacrilube after Botox

There is absolutely no problem using lacrilube or any other eye drop preparation after having had Botox injected in the face. Rest assured!

~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

4256 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M3H 5Y8

Botox injections

Dear Sergiu,

• Lacrilube is a vaseline like product and will not harm the Botox
  • It is best to put it at nighttime

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

201 South Lasky Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Botox and lacrilube

Dry eye is not associated with Botox use as far as I know. But lacrilube would be best to use at night because it can cause blurry vision. You may want to try artificial tears with dry eyes. Best to ask your doctor.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Lacri-lube is safe after botox

Lacri-Lube and artificial tears are safe to use after botox injections and can be helpful in alleviating symptoms of dry eyes.  When Botox is injected into the periorbital  or "crow's feet" area, the outer portion of the circular muscle surrounding the eyes is weakened.  This muscle is important to the tearing function of the eye.  On rare occasion, weakening this muscle can cause some dryness of the eyes initially after treatment.  Typically, this improves as everything settles out.  

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

5454 Wisconsin Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815

Dry eyes and lacri-lube after Botox

Injecting Botox into the forehead, glabella, etc. shouldn't make your eyes dry. Botox can have an affect on sweat glands, but this wouldn't be your eyes, again. Perhaps environmental changes are the culprit - winter months are extra dry. In any case, you can use any eye drops or Lacri-lube as needed.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Dry eyes after Botox.

Botox can affect secreting glands on the body.  That is why it works for excess sweating. It would be unlikely that it would impact the lubricating glands in the eyelids or the lacrimal system which makes tears.  Certainly feel free to use Lacrilube as it won't interefer with Botox at all.  It does blur your vision so maybe better at bedtime.  During the day you might prefer eye drops like Clerz, Tears, and such.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

800 Pollard Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032

Lacrilube after Botoc

It is safe to use lacrilube after Botox. However, if you continue to have problems with eye dryness, discuss this with your physician.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

801 North Weisgarber Road
Knoxville, TN 37909

Lacrilube after Botox

The use of lacrilube ointment for the eyes would not interfere with your Botox results.  Botox should not normally cause dry eyes, so it your condition continues, I would return to your treating physician to be evaluated.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102