Which Laser is Better For Skin Tightening and Wrinkle Removal?

Which laser is the most effective for skin tightening and wrinkle removal Fraxel or Smart skin CO2 if both doctors are good? I'm 53 and have white skin.

Lasers for Skin Tightening and Wrinkle Removal

+2

Difficult question to answer as there are several lasers available that work well for skin tightening and wrinkle reduction.  In my opinion, there is no best laser for either as it depends on the patient's skin type and severity of laxity and wrinkling as well as the physician's comfort, experience and aggressiveness with particular lasers. It also depends on a patient's ability to have downtime as some lasers that are very effective involve more downtime. There are other techniques besides lasers that can tighten and reduce wrinkles such as more aggressive chemical peeling and/or chemical peeling combined with injectable fillers. So I recommend you consult with board-certified dermatologists or facial plastic surgeons only and that you base your decision on the doctor and your feeling during the consultation and less on a particular laser.