Labored Breathing After Septoplasty Infection

I had a comprehensive septorhino 7 weeks ago. At 3 weeks post op I got a bad sinus infection & just recently finished my second round of antibiotics. I don't feel much congestion and can get air through my nose, but my breathing feels labored and unsatisfying. It's like not all the air is reaching my lungs. I had a ct scan and endoscopy and everything checks out. Could this be due to swelling that will go away or is this probably the way I will breathe going forward? I have no allergies.

Infection after Septorhinoplasty now "Labored Breathing"

+1

The change in sensation of nasal airflow is most likely due to residual congestion and /or inflammation of the nasal lining and turbinates from surgery and the infection you are healing from. The best approach at this time is to exercise patience. The congestion and inflammation will resolve over the next several months and the sense of reduced airflow will improve significantly.

Seattle General Surgeon

Septorhinoplasty

+1

More than likely the difficulty tin breathing through your nostrils is due to swelling especially if you also had a recent infection. Check with your doctor.