Labioplasty with Wedge Method. Hard Tightening and Swelling? (photo)

5 month ago I had labioplasty with wedge metod and z scars on inferior portion of the vulva,I suffered hard thightening especially on the left side where the inner labia is partially stitched to the major one, I also suffering bed swalling,now I feel better but it is still unconfortable sit down for long,have intercourse,wear jeans as inner labia near clitoris hood sticks out an tend to open,then I have urinal leak after urination! What can possibly go wrong with wedge metod?

Concening recovery, things are not get better.I have been visited from another doctor but my response seems to be something subjective.I have been cut in the inferior part and then I have scars between major and minor labias that put them together. There it is very harmful,moreover the labia near the cltoris splits out, before were hidden by some skin I supposed of clitorid hoods..that is why I cannot wear jeans.Unfortunately I have not picture of before..any opinion is appreciate

I perform the wedge resection method commonly and have not encountered the problems you are describing.

+1

The ureter should not in anyway have been distorted by this surgery.  I would suggest seeking the opinion of a gyne/urologist to analyze the dynamic of your urinary system.

Labial pain

+1

It appears that you had an inferior wedge instead of a central wedge labiaplasty that I first reported. Your labia are still large which is common with an inferior wedge. The scar is at the bottom and can probably be less painful if you use a strong cortisone cream for several weeks. The labiaplasty should not cause urinary leakage unless some urine is trapped in your vagina after urinating. I suggest you seek another opinion.

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty recovery

+1

What you are describing is not typical for 5 months after wedge labiaplasty.  I would first consult with your operating surgeon and then seek a second opinion should s/he not have any suggestion for you.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Recovery from labiaplasty shouldn't be as you described

+1

and you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and if it doesn't get you anywhere, seek a second opinion.  As for your incontinence, that could be an entirely different issue as a wedge labiaplasty should not affect your voiding at all.  By the way, were your labia majora reduced as well?

Curtis Wong, MD

Second Opinion

+1

Your symptoms are unusual for this surgery, especially the urination problem.  I would obtain another opinion from another surgeon and perhaps a urologist because of the urination problem.  The swelling and intercourse tenderness should go away on their own.  Good Luck!

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Wedge labiaplasty complication

+1

Your symptoms are unusual this far out from surgery.  A clinical examination would be the best way to advise you as itis difficult to tell where your scars are from the photo and description.  Suggest you seek the advise of an experienced labiaplasty surgeon or follow up with your original surgeon first.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Wedge resection complications

+1

The wedge resection can be complicated by excessive tightening of the vaginal introitus due to too much tissue excision.  This can lead to dyspareunia.  If the medial wedge extends close to the urethral meatus it can affect the sphincter function.  The closure can dehisce also if an aggressive excision is performed.  Also fistulas can develop if the tissue is not sutured adequately.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon