Can the Labii Levator Superioris Muscle Be Repaired?

I believe my labii levator superioris muscle was compromised during a poorly executed rhinoplasty procedure 4 years ago. I am recently seeking a revision but was wondering if the muscle can this be reinserted into the proper location? I have loss of muscle tone and sagging mid face area. Also, there is alot of extra skin around my mouth area as well. My side view looks like I aged 20 years. I am only 30 years old.

Muscle injury

+1

It is extremely difficult to answer your questions without seeing your photos or examining you – the hypothetical muscle injury you speak of would be extremely unlikely

Repair of Levator Labii Superioris

+1

You may be correct, but I cannot imagine how this muscle could be damaged during rhinoplasty surgery. If you have not done so, consult with a neurologist and/or a physician who does reconstructive work after nerve injuries such as Bells Palsy or strokes. I'm not suggesting you have a nerve injury, but these specialists have experience in diagnosing and treating facial weakness, regardless  of cause.

Droopy mid face

+1

ou might be right in your "Diagnosis" or assessment. However My advise is to consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON For complete exam and dignosis. Your facial droop may have nothing to do with the rhinoplasty you had. The lavator labii superioris can also be tested with electromyography.

As far as reinsertion of the muscle, I do not believe it is possible, the muscle fibers has atrophied by now and retracted.Therefore the problem you are experiencing has to be corrected by another method, and it may not be correctable 100%. Just yesterday I saw a patient who had a "face lift" by an non board certified person" lifestyle face lift "  and the lavator labii was not functionning. Correction is mostly by suspension techique, and avoiding the injury by choosig a well trained surgeon.

Repair of levator labii superioris

+1

I am not aware of a defined surgical procedure to perform this. A few surgeons have described suspension to the midface or lateral nasal sidewall to improve breathing and I have heard similar reports from individuals who have undergone facial suspension procedures following a stroke with facial paralysis.