Is Laser Correction Possible or Should I Do Labiaplasty? Costs?

I just want less skin, I wanted to know if it could be trimmed with laser? Are the results permanent? Whats the cost if you just want to trim like 1 inch off? Thanks for your help.

Laser labiaplasty

+2

In my opinion, there is no reason to use a laser for this surgery.  Carefully (obviously!) using a needle point cautery on the lowest effective setting provides a very nice method with minimal bleeding.  This area heals very quickly (God planned it that way since it gets beat up with childbearing) and the scar is usually very subtle if even visible.  The most important things about this surgery are for the patient to have realistic expectations about what the surgery can do, good communication between the patient and the surgeon and surgeon experience and attention to detail.

Is Laser Correction Possible or Should I Do Labiaplasty?

+1
In the absence of a photo it is very difficult to offer a precise suggestion for treatment.  In general, though, excess skin in this region is treated surgically; ie, with removal.  "Laser" has become a basket-term that can mean a lot of different things.  Some lasers are used for cutting, other for resurfacing, and there are many machines called "lasers" that are not truly lasers.  In this region of the body, though, lasers are not typically the primary method of treatment.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Laser labiaplasty

+1

Lasers are often used for skin tightening in aesthetics.  The degree of tightening may be limited, and thus the benefit of lasers for labiaplasty is also limited.  Most women who seek labiaplasty or labia minora reduction are concerned by the considerable size of their labia and thus surgery is best solution.

Labiaplasty cost depends on what procedures are required to address your concerns, and whether you are doing this under anesthesia or with straight local anesthetic.  For a straight forward labiaplasty, the cost could be ~3000 - 5000 depending on where you go and if you are adding an operating fee and anesthesia fee.

Hope this helps.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Laser Labiaplasty

+1

While lasers have a very useful role in surgery and medicine, Using them to reduce labial tissue offers no advantage and only increases cost and complexitu to the operation. The Labia heal wonderfully no matter what cutting tool is used and long as the surgeon is meticulous and careful. Make sure you see good before and after pictures and have good communication with your surgeon. Good Luck

Johan E. Brahme, MD

Lasers and Labiaplasty.

+1

Labiaplasty is a procedure which requires an artistic eye to perform. The actual cutting can be done by a variety of methods however a laser would be the last one I would use. It is true that a laser of the proper wavelength can in fact cut tissue but there has never been a study that has shown any benefit to cutting tissue with a laser in this instance. On the contrary using the laser elevates the complexity of the procedure many times without producing a benefit. I would encourage you to find a surgeon with experience that you trust and follow his recommendation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Labiaplasty: Laser excision.

+1

There are many different techniques used to reduce labia. Laser is one popular option,. However, in my opinion it does not offer any major advantage over the other techniques. See VIDEO BELOW.

Laser Labiaplasty

+1

Be careful to understand what the doctor means when the term laser is used. Only the CO2 laser can be used as a knife to cut tissues. The result is basically the same as a knife when used for reduction of labial skin excess.

There are physicians who use other lasers or scanners on CO2 lasers in a non-cutting mode in the vaginal area. Beware of such techniques.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

+1

You can choose from either the laser or surgical excision to remove the lax/excess skin from the labia.  Oftentimes, the surgical removal produces an excellent cosmetic result with minimal risk and reasonable cost.  Check with your surgeon, ask about his/her experiences, look at photos and ask if you can get some previous patient referrals. 

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Labialplasty -What is the best alternative?

+1
Patients with excess skin of the labia are best treated with skin excision under local anesthesia or local with some sedation. It is important that you plastic or ob surgeon have experience in this procedure. Ask him/her how many they have done.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon