Labiaplasty Worries 6 Weeks Post Op?

I had labiaplasty done just over 6 weeks ago and it looks like I have two quite large hard 'bobbles' or 'knobs' attached to the clitorus at the top end of the incisions. I had the trimming method, the labia itself seems to have healed nicely in the lower part and I'm frighted this is the end result as it looks horrible and unnatural. I am also still very sensitive in the area and havnt attempted intercourse yet. Are these two lump/knobs going to shrink/soften or look more normal with time?

Postop labiaplasty worries

+2

It has only been six weeks and after a few more weeks, you will get a better idea of what the final result will look like.  For now, keep in close contact with your surgeon, keep all of your appointments, follow his/her postop instructions, and never be afraid to voice your concerns.  While a revision may be necessary, it is still a bit early to know.  Patience is key at this point. Best of luck to you. 

Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty recovery

+1

There is usually swelling in certain areas after labiaplasty and these typically resolve with time and gentle massage.  I would discuss these concerns with your plastic surgeon early in the process of healing.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty healing after 6 weeks

+1

It's not uncommon to have increased sensitivity after labiaplasty, especially with the trimming technique. This should resolve within 4-6 months. The "knobs" you describe are also seen with the trimming technique. I would suggest waiting at least 4-6 months to allow all of the swelling to resolve before considering a revision. And if you decide to pursue a revision, make sure it is with a board certified plastic surgeon.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty worries

+1

The two knobs at the top near the clitoris may be the tips of the frenular folds which can become much more visible after trimming labiaplasties. This is a problem with the trimming technique in some women.  The trim ends at the frenular folds, the fold tips swell, and the clitoris and clitoral hood moves up.  The knobs will almost certainly decrease in the next several months when the swelling decreases. If the knobs continue and stick out, you will need a revision in which the knobs or ends of the frenular folds are reattached to the labia minora. I see this deformity frequently and have repaired it many times. Just trimming the knobs will not solve the problem.

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty Worries 6 Weeks Post Op?

+1

It can take a long time to see the final results after surgery (any surgery) and lumps or irregularities are certainly common as part of the healing process.  It may be a question of just waiting a little longer, for the swelling to abate completely.  You should, of course, speak with your own surgeon about this, as only he or she knows what your preoperative appearance was AND exactly what was done surgically.  Hopefully, it is a just some persistent swelling and/or a suture that has not completely resorbed.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty Worries Post-op

+1

The labial tissue may take several months to completely flatten out in that area.  Keep in contact with your surgeon to make sure that it is improving.  If after 3-6 months they persist, don't be afraid to voice your concerns with your surgeon and likely it can be revised with a short procedure under local anesthesia.  At this point, though, I would recommend scar massage to the area which may help it go down and the tincture of time.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Residual Tissue after Labiaplasty

+1

Residual tissue after labiaplasty can be removed if necessary, but one should wait at least 3 months to allow the swelling to resolve.

Funny bumps after healing from labiaplasty

+1

can occur and if from persistent redundancy of labia, can easily be managed with an office revision under local.  You have reached the post-op period where you can engage in sexual activities and you can test yourself to see if the sensitivities will be aggravated by intimacy.  I'm assuming you have a final follow-up with your doctor.  Please raise your concerns to him/her.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty Clitoral Hood Reduction often needed

+1

Final Result of Labiaplasty varies from patient to patient and depends on many factors including the complexity of surgery, amount of skin/mucosa removed, post operative activity, degree of swelling, whether you are a smoker and many other factors. Your final result may take several months so best to allow some time to pass before making any conclusions about the outcome success. That being said, you may need a clitoral hood reduction by your description. Without a photo or exam it is impossible to know if this applies to you 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Labiaplasty

+1

It may be that you still have some excess tissue around the clitorus known as clitoral hooding.  If that is the case, your surgeon may be able to remove a bit more tissue in the future.  My suggestion is to ask him or her about it, since he or she will know the answer.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon