Can You Have a Labiaplasty While on Your Period?

Period is So Close to Surgery Date & Think the Stress Will Bring It Down Earlier 5ft 1in 145lbs

Labiaplasty While on Period?

+2

I have not found it necessary or beneficial to plan patients'  labia minora reduction procedures around their menstrual cycles. In other words, I think it is perfectly safe to proceed with labia minora reduction surgery during any time of the cycle.

Menstrual period and labiaplasty

+1

The timing of your menstrual period should not interfere with your labiaplasty procedure.  I would explain your situation to your surgeon and bring some extra feminine products on your procedure date. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Surgery and Menstruation

+1

Absolutely. There is no medical or surgical contraindication. What might be more important to consider your stress level. A bit of apprehension or anxiety is normal before surgery, but I make sure to address it with patients.A labiaplasty is an elective procedure, there's no cause for rush or undo worry. I sometimes prescribe anxiolytics for patients who are truly nervous, and always make sure to reassure them. I never bring anyone into the operating room who is uncomfortable. As for mensturation...we are all professionals (and as it turns out at my practice, all women!)

Barbara Persons, MD, FACS
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and menstrual periods

+1

can be inconvenient when they happen at the same time but I believe the jury is in as to whether it is safe to a labiaplasty during your period (YES) but at the same time, it can make things a bit messy as mentioned by the Dr. who suggested waiting til your period was over.  Labiaplasty is certainly not emergency surgery and you can change the date of our procedure if it will make your recovery less stressful.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty ; timing of surgery

+1

Labiaplasty ; timing of surgery

yes you can have this at the time of your period

sometime there is more bruising or bleeding  do to hormones

Do you have to time your Labiaplasty around your period?

+1

A labiaplasty does not have to be timed around your period and it is not unusual for your period cycle to change if you are stressed.  Having your period around the time of your surgery should not affect the outcome.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty surgery close to your period

+1

This is really a non issue...it can be done at any time and having your period would not interfere with how things should heal or your results.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Period at time of labiaplasty

+1

I have done a labiaplasty countless times while the patient is on her period and never found it to complicate the outcome or recovery.  Glad to have helped...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Labioplasty during period

+1

Generally not recommended since you will have to care for the area with cold packs and ointments as well as gauze after surgery.  You may not be able to wear a tampon soon after surgery. A pad would be uncomfortable and hygiene of the operative site may be compromised.  For comfort reasons, I would encourage you to wait a week. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon