When Is It Completely Safe To Start Slow Easy Sex Again?

I Had Labiaplasty,vaginal Tightening, Excess Prepuss and Perinoplasty Done 2 Weeks Ago. I have had lots of dark bleeding from vagina and still having it. Stiches are really aggravating itching and bleed alittle And still gettin some sharp pains mostly by vaginal opening but there is. Fowl odor I always smell and I'm wondering if its the blood or what. If I touch down there or pee and everything I Always smell this gross weird smell and when is it completely safe to start slow easy sex again??

+2

In uncomplicated healing, it may be reasonable to resume sexual activity after 6 weeks.  If there are concerns of foul smelling discharge, you should have an examination by your plastic surgeon or OB/GYN.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Labiaplasty healing and recovery

+2

Proper hygiene is important after labiaplasty.   I would recommend an examination to help manage the odor and the labial healing.  Once this is assessed, then concerns about increased intimacy may be addressed. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Please see your doctor about the odor from labiaplasty

+2
Please see your doctor as soon as you can about the odor. Bad odors are usually a sign of infection and you should have that checked out.
To answer your question, it generally takes about 1.5 - 2 months before you can start having intercourse again. I generally recommend a longer period of recovery, particularly when there has been many procedures performed as you have had. This is to allow your tissues to recover and become strong enough. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Sex after labiaplasty

+2

You should ask your doctor, In your case, probably wait six weeks for sexual activity.

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Sex after labiaplasty, vaginal rejuvenation, and perineoplasty.

+2

At 2 weeks post-op your tissues are healing, but are far from durable or able to withstand repetitive motion during intercourse. But I'm more concerned about your malodorous drainage; this could be a sign of infection in incompletely healed tissues.

I'd first call your surgeon for a recheck, and then ask her about sexual activity. "Slow and easy" sounds OK, but can you ensure your partner will see things that way in the heat of passion? And "completely safe" is another thing entirely--I recommend 6 weeks of no sex if everything heals normally. Longer if there is any infection or delayed healing.

You may also have a urinary tract infection. Call your surgeon. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Sex after Labiaplasty

+2

It is important to check with your surgeon before having sex.  I would also ask your surgeon to evaluate your drainage to make sure that it is normal. 

I typically tell my patients that it is reasonable to resume sex after six weeks barring there are no complications.

Happy healing and be patient,

Jennifer L. Harrington MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon