Has Labiaplasty Price Gone Down Since the Turn in the Economy?

Economy effect on labiaplasty price

+1
Price varies depending on the surgeon and city in which they are located, but in general I don't think the cost of this surgery has really been affected. Prices can range around the $2500 to $4000 mark.  

+1
Thank you for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Labiaplasty cost

+1

The demand for labiaplasty seems to have increased. The increased demand relates to the popularity of the procedure, safety, and outcome. Our fees has remained the same during this period. Given our experience performing these procedure in the privacy of our office instead of the hospital, our patients appreciate the savings.

Stanley Okoro, MD

No real change in prices

+1

Labiaplasty demand seems to be increasing as more patients are aware of the procedure, so despite any dowtnurn in the economy, labiaplasty prices have remained unchanged. The price is set by many factors, including the experience of your surgeon and the location of the practice. This is not a surgery that all surgeons are comfortable performing, and has it's own set of risks. I tell patients to choose a surgeon based on who you trust, not based on price. This is your body and the effects of surgery are there for good (unless you go for a revision which often costs more than the inital surgery).

Anita Patel, MD

Economy and labiaplasty price

+1

The economy has not affected my labiaplasty prices. It still takes many years of training to perfrom the surgery. Young patients manage to pay for the surgery somehow! The prices are highest in LA and NYC.

Christine Hamori, MD

Cost of Labiaplasty.

+1

As with all cosmetic procedures done throughout the country price varies with location and experience of the surgeon.  In general this procedure is not done by a large number of surgeons and fees have not changed much with the economy due to the increasing demand for the procedure.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Fees for labiaplasty

+1

Fees will vary considerably from place to place but this is a procedure that can be done safely under local anesthesia in the office with oral sedation.  By doing so, you will cut signficant dollars from the total cost.  Also, cosmetic surgery is elective surgery.  You can always inform the doctor how much you can spend and see if he/she is willing to do that procedure for that fee.  However, you have to ensure that the physician you choose has experience and can show you their results through photos to provide you the assurances they will deliver what you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty costs has not really gone down

+1

Labiaplasty is a specialty procedure that not all surgeons perform equally well. Then again I was kinda moderate in my pricing (for a plastic surgeon) before the economic downturn. That might have factored in as well.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Price of labiaplasty in a down economy

+1

Given my knowledge of the field, the price has not gone down when perfomed by experienced surgeons. Many other surgeons who are seeeing lower volume from their mainstream procedures are now learning the procedure and may be charging lower prices to encourage patients to schedule.