Unevenness After Labiaplasty

I had a labiaplasty done on one side by my gyno a week ago. Even though I was not doing it for cosmetic reasons, we had discuss twice how I didn't want it chopped off, but I wanted it to match the other side. She said she was going to make it match or as close as she could get to it. I'm totally confused because it appears to be gone. The strangest thing is I never had any pain, nor did I swell. Could I be swelling from the inside and it will drop down? Used her so Ins. would cover it :(

Final Results take months in most cases

+2

It is impossible to determine the results of your unilateral Labiaplasty for months. Please also be aware that it is usually not possible to make labias completely symmetric. In nature it is unusual to have completely symmetric labia, breasts, or any paired anatomic structures for that matter.

My advice to you is having regular follow up appointments with your surgeon.

Unevenness after labiaplasty

+2

As everybody here has stated, it is way to early to make any judgements, it will take many months for the final appearance to surface, and early revision surgery is not a good idea, since you don't know what the final outcome will be. Make sure you keep lines of communication open with your surgeon, Good Luck

Johan E. Brahme, MD

One Week Post-Labiaplasty

+1

I would echo the remarks of the other responders.  At one week, it's hard to determine exactly what is going on.  I think an honest discussion with your gyno, laying out your concerns and requesting her advice as to what surgery was done and when she anticipates the final result to become obvious.

If you would like more informed and comprehensive answers from this group of responders, please re-ask your questions with photographs. 

Don't forget, 97% of things we worry about never happen. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Labia Reduction Surgery

+1

You are only 1 week out of surgery so give yourself time to heal and for swelling to go away.  Keep seeing your doctor for post -op checks so that your recovery can be monitored carefully.  I wouldn't discuss revision with you until everything is healed (at least 4-6 months after surgery).  Be patient, you may be pleased with your results.

Uneverness after uinlateral labiaplasty

+1

If you are just one week post unilateral (one sided) labiaplasty, this would not be unusal.  It may take 3 to 6 weeks or more for the swelling to subside.  It may take up to 6 months for the scars to mature and soften.  I would not recommend any further surgery or revisions for at least 6 months.  You may be surpised that after that time things may have healed very well.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after labiaplasty

+1

It is very difficult to anticipate final results only one week out after any surgical procedure. There is inflammation, swelling, and overall distortion of the tissues. 

I would recommend waiting at least 6 weeks and up to 3 months before you evaluate your final result. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

"Unevenness" following labiaplasty

+1

If is difficult to have completely symmetrical results from Labiaplasty. Since it has only been one week since your surgery, you are still very swollen. The swelling can cause the labia to appear smaller and you should wait at least 3 weeks to see the final results.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Labia asymmetry (uneveness) following labiaplasty

+1

There is still significant swelling at one week after surgery. I would recommend waiting at least 4 weeks prior to assessing the results of your labiaplasty. The labia are normally asymmetric and perfect symmetry is not a realistic goal.

Early swelling after labiaplasty

+1

Early on there is going to be some swelling. It might take a few weeks to a month to resolve. The techniques are different so what you might expect after the swelling goes away is going to vary. Ask your surgeon.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

+1

Any procedure that you have will cause internal swelling.  This may last 2 to 6 weeks.  I would wait for up to 6 weeks to look for symmetry.  By that stage, minor asymmetries usually settel nicely.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS