Labiaplasty in New England?

Most recommended surgeons of labiaplasty I have research are from larger cities like LA, NYC, and Miami. I live in New Hampshire and while I have found a couple surgeons, I have no been able to find any recommendations on them. I would feel much better if another or an actual patient could recommend someone in New Hampshire or even Massachusetts?

Labiaplasty Expert in Los Angeles

+1

Specialization in labiaplasty is important.  I perform modified labiaplasty procedure which I believe maximizes sensitivity of the labia minora. Labiaplasty is often performed in conjunction with clitoral hood reduction. 

Labiaplasty in New England

+1

Even though most doctors claim that a labiaplasty is a simple procedure, there is actually a lot of knowledge and skill in performing it well.  If done poorly, you will be miserable and will have further surgery to try and fix it. Therefore, I encourage you to seek a very experienced surgeon, preferably one performing the labia wedge technique which I invented in the mid-1990's and first publishe in 1999.

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Finding a surgeon

+1

Not as many plastic surgeons in New England are interested in doing labiaplasty as there seems to be in other areas.  Often, but not always, the plastic surgeons around here that do them are women, I guess for somewhat obvious reasons.  Check some web sites or call offices for information.  I know of 2 other women plastic surgeon, one on the north shore of Mass and another one on the south shore who also do labiaplasty besides myself.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty in New England

+1

I would check with the Harvard teaching hospitals in Boston.   There are a lot of surgeons who perform those procedures all the time.

Labiaplasty surgeons

+1

are everywhere.  The ones you talk of advertise the most and also charge the most.  Techniques make a difference in outcomes and you should educate yourself on them so you know the potential outcomes from each.  Gynecologists and Plastic Surgeons both can do them and most can be done in the office under local, taking 1-2 hours depending on what is done.  Search locally because it makes no sense to travel long distances for a relatively straightforward procedure.  My current fee is under $2000 when done in the office and my patients have all been satisfied.

Curtis Wong, MD

Finding Surgeon for Labiaplasty?

+1

Thank you for the question but (unfortunately) I will not be able to provide you with specific names.
It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.