I Had Labiaplasty with Hood Reduction 2 Weeks Ago, when Will the Swelling of the Hood Go Down? Tips to Speed Up the Process?

I had the trim method btw. I also feel that it will still be sticking out from a standing view. What can I do to get the "slit" look?

+1

At about 6 weeks, most of the swelling will have resolved assuming an uncomplicated postoperative course.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/labial-rejuvenation-photo-galleries.php

Swelling after clitoral hood reduction

+1

HI,

I tell my patients that what they see isn't what they get for three months. I use the wedge resection method which also pulls on the hood to flatten and tighten it. Be patient in regards to swelling there is nothing specific that will help other than time.

Regards,

Daniel  Medalie

Web reference: http://www.LabiaplastySurgery.net

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Cherry,

Thank you for your post.  Swelling can last for quite a while after labiaplasty.  Give it a few months to assess.  A revision may or may not be necessary.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Hood reduction with swelling

+1

Usually 80% of swelling goes down by six weeks but it can take 4-6 months.   You may need a different technique than the one you had to give the "slit" look.  I perform a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction which pushes the clitoris closer to the pubic bone. This causes the clitoris not to protrude and enables me to remove much more clitoral hood skin while maintaining a normal appearance and coverage of the head of the clitoris. I invented this technique and have been doing it for about seven years but have not yet published it. I suggest you wait until all the swelling resolves to determine the final appearance.