Labiaplasty - Only Option for Pain Relief?

What if I Don't Want Labiaplasty but my Doctor Says It is the Only Way to Relieve the Pain? Will I have to pay even though I am under 16? I am in constant pain and my doctor referred me to have this procedure. Also, is it dangerous?

Pain and Labiaplasty

+1

Pain is usually not the major indication for a labiaplasty, unless it is pain with intercourse secondary to large labia minora. Some patients also reported pain wearing certain athletic garments, but pain in and of itself sounds like something else is going on. I would recommend seeing a good uro-gynecologist. For a thorough evaluation. Good luck

Labia reduction

+1
I agree that you should go see a good gynecologist to find out why you are having constant pain. Also, I agree that if you really don't want to have the surgery performed than don't do it. You won't be happy.

Labiaplasty for pain relief

+1

If you have constant pain, I think you should see a gynaecologist first to rule out any other problem. If the problem is purely large labia which gets in the way - labiaplasty will easily fix that. However I would not expect you to be in constant pain from just large labia.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

LABIAPLASTY IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO ALL PAIN IN THE AREA

+1

The pain you are experiencing needs to be assessed by another Gynecologist for a second opinion or third opinion.

Labiaplasty may not change anything at all, if the pain you are having  is in close proximity but not labial in origin.

Labiaplasty surgery is not the sole solution for pain.

Regardless if you need a labiaplasty or not, if you do not want it, it is simple, do not do it.

drcordoba.com

Dr. Carlos Cordoba
MDCM, CSPQ, FRCS, FACS
Plastic & Esthetic Surgeon
4055 Ste-Catherine O. Suite 100
Montreal, QC. Canada H3Z 3J8
514-932-7667

Carlos Cordoba, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty Los Angeles

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

I would not recommend undergoing a labiaplasty surgery to manage pain. You are in need of a consultation with a Board Certified Gynecologist to secure a professional opinion on your specific medical issue.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Labiaplasty

+1

Just came accross your question.

Pain could be due to many reasons.  HAVE A CONSULT WITH A GYNECOLOGIST, and after complete history and physical examination by a competent understanding physician you can reach to the reason for the pain and the appropriate treatment. If you do not want the surgery DO NOT DO IT.

Labiaplasty for pain relief

+1

Labiaplasty, as with any surgery, is never the only option for pain relief.  In fact, surgery in painful situations should be the last resort, and only considered after a thorough work up of the potential causes.The procedure itself is not dangerous, but no surgery is without risk, and you should have a clear understanding of the risk benefit relationships.  I suggest you get several opinions from other physician specialists in Uro-Gynecology and Plastic Surgery before committing to a labiaplasty, which may or may not solve your painful symptoms. 

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon