Just Had Labiaplasty Done 3 Days Ago. Is This Typical Swelling After a Labiaplasty? (photo)

Just Had the Procedure Done 3 Days Ago. I can barely walk, the red swollen area is burning and extremely sensitive/tender to the touch. I can't wear anything tight on the area. Been following the doctors instructions of sitz baths 3x a day and antibiotic ointment (bacitracin) on the stitches 2x a day. I'm really concerned about the big swollen tissue forming? I never had labia minora that hung out before, I actually had surgery on my labia majora....and now this? What is it and how can I get it to go away? Help!!

Labiaplasty post op care in Los Angeles

+1

Swelling is common after labiaplasty. Many patients will want to examine the area when it is swollen, but retraction may further aggravate the incision line. I would recommend less strenuous activity and a visit to your surgeon if you are concerned about the incision line. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://www.karemd.com/plastic-surgery/33/labiaplasty.aspx

Labiaplasty post op expectations

+1

Its normal and expected for the whole labial area to swell after surgery in that area.  Spending a good deal of your time reclining can be helpful in controlling the pain and swelling and cold packs can help too (but no ice directly against the skin.)  If you are standing, gravity pulls swelling into the area and increases the discomfort.

Contact your physician for more help if the burning pain can't be brought under control!

Your look will change quite a lot before you reach your end result, so be patient.

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Labiaplasty is Common

+1

Swelling after labial surgery is quite common.  It is very important in the first 48 hours to rest and ice.  If not, I see much more swelling in my patients.  Surgery of the labia majora tends to bleed more and leads to more swelling of the area.  It is important for you to follow up with your surgeon and follow his advice.  The swelling should start to resolve over the next few days.

Web reference: http://www.drhasen.com/procedures/vaginal-surgery.cfm

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after labiaplasty is normal

+1

and yours in not unusual.  Your surgeon should be helping you through this sensitive time and you should be trying to do things to help diminish swelling.  Continue good wound care and it will improve with time.  Keep your surgeon informed and he/she should instruct you on what to do and provide you the reassurances it will all be good.

Just Had Labiaplasty Done 3 Days Ago. Is This Typical Swelling After a Labiaplasty?

+1

Make sure you followup with your surgeon, but swelling is inevitable after labiaplasty.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/labial-rejuvenation-photo-galleries.php

Is this typical swelling after labiaplasty?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. These are the questions you need to ask your operataing surgeon. Swelling in the labia after surgery is not uncommon. The tissues are loose and swelling gravitates there, especially if you spend a lot of time standing. I have my patients wear wear supportive boy shorts (not boxers) and use a small pillow under the buttocks at night to cause a pelvic tilt for better lymphatic drainage. I do not recommend sitz baths, only antibiotic ointment to the suture line after you rinse the area post urination. The swelling will be greatly improved within the next week. The labia minora get swollen as well for the same reasons. Good luck, follow up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns and worries. He/she is there to help you.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon