Labiaplasty With Clitoral Hood Reduction 3 Months Ago And Still In A Lot Of Discomfort With Wearing Tighter Clothes, Suggestions

Still feel A LOT of DISCOMFORT (no pain) with wearing tighter clothes like jeans and yoga pants. It is very frustrating b/c I really enjoy working out and being active. My Dr. said that my labia majora are smaller too so that may be contributing to the discomfort. I don't want to gain weight either. Any other suggestions? I am currently taping my labia majora over my minora when I wear tighter clothes but don't want to have to do this for the rest of my Thank you

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like you had a linear labial reduction. Sometimes, these long scars along the labial edge tend to be more tender for a longer time as opposed to a wedge excision. Although you do show improvement from the preop photo, you still have excess clitoral hooding. Your labia majora could be enhanced with micro fat grafting, to cover and protect the labia minora. You would not need to tape the labia together (it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it). Talk to your surgeon, see if he/she feels comfortable with fat grafting to the labia. Good luck.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

11820 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA 98005

Discomfort after labia and clitoral hood reduction

I reviewed your photos. It appears that you had a trimming labiaplasty with some reduction of the clitoral hood. However, your clitoral hood still protrudes excessively and the end of the frenula, which are the folds leading from your clitoris, still stick out. I can significantly reduce the length and protrusion of your clitoral hood by doing a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction. The clitoris would be re-positioned closer to your pubic bone which allows the safe reduction of your clitoral hood. I have done this procedure at least 200 times but have not yet published the technique. In addition, the end of your clitoral hood and frenula can be reduced along with your labia minora by doing some wedge excisions. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction.

Gary J. Alter, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Sorry that your symptoms didn't resolve

I would want to know EXACTLY where the discomfort was, and would need to re-examine you.

Things look OK based on the photos, but there is still some prominence of the clitoral hood/prepuce. This could be a reasonable area to focus on if a revision were considered, but again I would want to understand if this was indeed the source of your discomfort. 3 months is just on the earliest side that I would consider any kind of revision surgery, but could be done around 4-6 months. See if your doctor can really sit down with you and discuss the issues you're having. Sad to hear that you are taping yourself :(  no, you don't have to live that way for the rest of your life!

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD

220 E Central Pkwy
Orlando, FL 32701