Labiaplasty for Hood Covering Clitoris Too Much?

I think that my hood covers my clitoris too much. You have to really stretch my hood far back to expose my clitoris. I have never enjoyed sex and I am wondering if this problem could be what is affecting my sex life. Would a clitoral hood reduction or labiaplasty help me?

It is difficult to guarantee the a hoodectomy would enhance your sexual enhancement.

+2

However it my remove one possible barrier.  The surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia with or without a labioplasty.  Sometimes correction of clitoral phimosis is also necessary in conjunction with a hoodectomy.

Clitoral hood reduction and orgasm.

+2

The answer to your question is not possible to obtain here as there are a multitude of possible issues that can affect the enjoyment of sex. It is, however, possible to tell you that many patients who have had a clitoral hood reduction report having more sensation and enjoyment of their sexual experiences. This procedure should also be distinguished from a Labiaplasty although they are very often performed together.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Clitoral hood reduction with or without labiaplasty may help

+2

So much is involved with enjoying sex. Mechanical stimulation of the clitoris is definitely part of it. A clitoral hood reduction may help in a few ways:

1. It will expose more of your clitoris.
  2. Mentally you may feel more attractive and sexual.

Whether you need a Labiaplasty in addition to a clitoral hood reduction would be determined during your consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Kari L. Colen, MD

Clitoral hood reduction and sex or ability to achieve climax or orgasm

+2

There are several factors that affect sexuality and the ability to achieve orgasm. Some of these involve the mechanical act of sex while others relate to hormonal status, anatomy, experience, anxiety, age, vascular supply, emotions, etc.

Although it is possible that your clitoral hood is interfering with mechanical stimulation of the clitoris and your susequent ability to achieve an orgasm, this may not be the only cause. In the event that it is the cause, a clitoral hood reduction could prove beneficial. This is different from a "hoodectomy" which I generally don't perform or recommend.

Labiaplasty may affect your sex life

+2

A hood reduction can make your clitoris more easily available. Whether or not this will affect your sex life cannot, of course, be known for certain.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Clitoral hooding

+1
Thank you for your question,

Clitoral hooding can be a very difficult problem to address surgically.  Excess clitoral hooding can be removed but over exposure of the clitoris can become a big problem.  It is important to understand the risks up and beyond a simple labiaplasty, and discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Also, is is not known whether this treatment would have any effect on your sex life.

Kunaal Jindal, MD

Labiaplasty and hoodectomy do not guarantee 'great sex'

+1
excessive clitoral hood can be removed by itself or as a part of a labiaplasty.  It will expose the clitoris somewhat (but you don't want to over expose the clitoris) and that may make clitoral stimulation easier.  Does that guarantee better sex?  No.  Understand that a sexual experience is partly physical, partly emotional and surgery addresses only one part of that equation.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Clitoral hood reduction can increase clitoral sensitivity

+1

thank you for your question.  Yes a clitoral hood reduction can increase sensitivity of the clitoris.however you need to be examined by an expert in vaginal plastic surgery.

There are many factors that can decrease section of laser and you want to have a proper diagnosis before considering a surgical procedure.

Your history that retracting the clitoral hood does increase her sensitivity does suggest that clitoral hood reduction may help you.  The clitoral hood is extremely delicate tissue and because of this I uses a laser to perform a clitoral hoodectomy.the laser causes less bleeding, avoids the need to use surgical clamps, and in my experience results in a quicker healing and less scarring.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Clitoral hood reduction

+1

Clitoral hood reduction can help provide greater exposure of the clitoris.  It can be done as an independent procedure or often in conjunction with a labiaplasty procedure.  Both can help with sexual enjoyment.  In the case of the clitoral hood reduction, there is a greater exposure and hence sensation during sexual activity.  For labia minora reduction, there is often less discomfort associated with the friction during sexual activity.  Both procedures are safe and can be done under local anesthesia or with sedation/general anesthesia.

Good luck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Clitoral unhooding can remove excess skin around the clitoris

+1

Clitoral unhooding is a surgical technique which can reduce the amount of skin that his covering your clitoris and maybe the cause of difficulty achieving orgasm in this way. This procedure can be done under local or regional anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

Pat Pazmino, MD