Can labiaplasty and vaginal restoration be part of or included in a "mommy make over"...if so how much would the total cost be?

I am a 29yr old mother of 2 who has never had any body image issues..yet I have NEVER felt so awful,disgusting, and depressed about my appearance since having 2 kids and I greatly fear that if I don't get it fixed..it will start to effect my daughters due to the depression it's causing me. Can labiaplasty be included to a mommy mako er, if yes how much more would it increase the cost?

Labiaplasty Vaginoplasty Mommy Make Over

+1
Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty may be included in a "mommy make over".  This term may include liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation.  
These procedures may be performed concomitantly however keep in mind that costs and anesthesia complications are greater when the procedure lasts longer. Vaginoplasty is somewhat more involved than Labiaplasty making the recuperation longer and expense greater. Labiaplasty ranges from $2500-$3700 and Vaginoplasty costs between $3500 and $4200 depending on anesthesia and technique that is required.
Please consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person as requirements and desires vary by each individual.

Labiaplasty surgery in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in labiaplasty and labia minora reconstruction.  I have authored a journal article demonstrating my technique for labia minora reduction.  Labiaplasty can be safely performed as part of a mommy makeover procedure. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Adding on labiaplasty to mommy makeovers

+1
can certainly be done if there is enough time to add it on and depends on what you are having done.  Not sure I would recommend it with a tummy tuck as you will be having enough issues with healing and swelling.  Its much more economical to do this in the office under local where my fees will not exceed $2500.

Curtis Wong, MD

Mommy makeover procedures

+1
If you are otherwise healthy and medically cleared for a prolonged surgery, it is possible to add labiaplasty to just about any other procedure. Costs vary from surgeon to surgeon based upon experience, location, and reputation but I charge $4500. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

+1
  Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty can be included with mommy makeover.  I combine labiaplasty with almost any other procedure.

Can labiaplasty and vaginal restoration be part of or included in a "mommy make over"

+1

Yes, genitalia surgery can be included in “mommy makeover” surgery.  I would  suggest that you achieve your long-term stable weight (if you are not there already) prior to undergoing the operations you are considering.   Doing so will increase the safety of the procedure and minimize  chances that additional surgery will become necessary, in the event of weight loss in the future.

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some costs of surgery listed on this website, and that of individual plastic surgeons websites as well.

In regards to the desired outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Since you considering undergoing a major operation which often involves a significant physical and emotional recovery ( often underestimated by surgeons and patients alike), a few words of advice may be helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.
2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.
3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.
4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.
6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.
7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.
8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).
9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.
10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.