Labiaplasty and childbirth?

I got a labiaplasty 2 years ago and I'm expecting in 3 weeks! I am scared that it will cause pain to where I got surgery or rip where I was stitched? Has anyone given birth after labiaplasty ?

Labiaplasty and childbirth

+1
The incision lines from labiaplasty should fare well with childbirth.  I would discuss your concerns with your obstetrician to make sure they understand that you have had surgery in that area. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Tear Extremely Unlikely 2 Years After Labiaplasty

+1
Two years after labiaplasty, both pain and tearing are extremely unlikely during childbirth.  Some women develop tears or require episiotomy during childbirth but these tears are usually not in the labia.  Your surgery is fully healed by now and should not have pain either.  I have performed many labiaplasty procedures and have never had anyone come back with a tear.  In the extremely unlikely event that a tear does happen, it could be repaired relatively easily.  I wouldn't worry.  Good luck!
Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

​Child Birth After A Labiaplasty

+1

Child Birth After A Labiaplasty

Many women require an episiotomy during childbirth. Incisions or tears are not uncommon in the area with any birth.  Usually, the doctor will use local anesthetic here. Talk with your OB and ask for local in that area.

Labioplasty and childbirth

+1

Thank you for your question. Be sure to discuss the fact you have a labioplasty with your obstetrician prior to your delivery. Most likely will not have a problem but if a tear does occur it certainly can be repaired after the child is born.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Labia reduction and childbirth

+1

I have done several thousand labiaplasties using the central wedge labiaplasty technique. I am sure hundreds of these women have had childbirth, but I have not had one woman came back to me with a rip or a tear. If you had this method, I expect you don't have much to worry about. If there should be a tear, then it can be repaired at a later date. If you had a trimming labiaplasty, I also doubt that would tear.

Gary J. Alter, MD