Labia Repair After Giving Birth?

I gave birth 7 mos ago & had 2nd degree laceration &was sutured rght after birth.a few months later i find my labia on right side like loose or falling.off,i thought it was normal so.did not give much attention to it.just few days ago i felt anxious seeing.it that way so i've checked on it surprisingly i find a tear near the clitorial hood. Causing my cright labia looks like falling off. Can it still be repaired?

Labia Minora Damaged by Childbirth

+1
Sight unseen, it's not possible to determine the extent of the damage nor the extent of any type of repair. Nonetheless, damage to the labia minora and clitoral hood occurs frequently and I've reconstructed many women with similar symptoms. 

Jersey City Cosmetic Gynecologist

Labia Repair After Childbirth

+1
Labia reconstruction is common after traumatic injuries such as childbirth.

This type of injury can be fixed with a small surgical procedure. As you stated time has passed so it is a little different than it would be at the time of the injury but can still be easily accomplished and treated with good results.

It is difficult to talk about your particular situation but in general the injury that you describe can be fixed with excising the healed edges of the torn labia to create a fresh new edge. Once this new edge has been created the labial can be reset to match the contralateral labia.

This procedure can be done under local anesthesia or with sedation depending on the extent of the injury and the individual patient.

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options.

Johnny Franco, MD

Labiaplasty and childbirth

+1

It is not uncommon to notice tears after giving birth.  i perform labiaplasty procedures in the cosmetic, medical, and post-traumatic (childbirth) setting. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labia repair

+1

It is not that unusual to have a tear like the one you are describing.  It can be repaired fairly easily...consult with a plastic surgeon with experience in this area.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty after pregancy related injury

+1

Labiaplasty is a way to reduce and restore symmetry of the labia.  Pregancy can certainly alter the degree of laxity and shape of the labia, especially if there was soft tissue injury during the pregnancy.  I would consider a consulation with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you assess and plan for a corrective surgery.  You are many months after pregnancy and your soft tissue injury should be largely healed by now so it would be a good time for a consulation.  Good luck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Labia Repair After Birthing Laceration/Tear

+1

All I have is good news, absolutely this can be repaired back (or extremely close) to normal. I have had very good success operating on dozens of women in your shoes.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD