Labia Repair After Giving Birth?

I gave birth 7 mos ago & had 2nd degree laceration &was sutured rght after birth.a few months later i find my labia on right side like loose or falling.off,i thought it was normal so.did not give much attention to it.just few days ago i felt anxious seeing.it that way so i've checked on it surprisingly i find a tear near the clitorial hood. Causing my cright labia looks like falling off. Can it still be repaired?

Labiaplasty and childbirth

+1

It is not uncommon to notice tears after giving birth.  i perform labiaplasty procedures in the cosmetic, medical, and post-traumatic (childbirth) setting. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Labia repair

+1

It is not that unusual to have a tear like the one you are describing.  It can be repaired fairly easily...consult with a plastic surgeon with experience in this area.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty after pregancy related injury

+1

Labiaplasty is a way to reduce and restore symmetry of the labia.  Pregancy can certainly alter the degree of laxity and shape of the labia, especially if there was soft tissue injury during the pregnancy.  I would consider a consulation with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you assess and plan for a corrective surgery.  You are many months after pregnancy and your soft tissue injury should be largely healed by now so it would be a good time for a consulation.  Good luck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Labia Repair After Birthing Laceration/Tear

+1

All I have is good news, absolutely this can be repaired back (or extremely close) to normal. I have had very good success operating on dozens of women in your shoes.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD