Can a Labia Reduction Help Pull Up the Inner Labia Back Upwards As They Are Stretched and Now Sag Downward?

Would the wedge method be better for this or can the trim method correct this? My labia minora as well as the clitoral hood sag down about 3/4 of an inch from where they use to be, I don't just want them trimmed I want things pulled up and back closer to my body, if that makes sense? Any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

Methods for labiaplasty procedures

+1

In my practice, the modified wedge labiaplasty can recontour and remodel the labia minora so there is less laxity of the skin and sagginess.  Raffy Karamanoukian. Los Angeles

Can a Labia Reduction Help Pull Up the Inner Labia Back Upwards

+1

The wedge method is the best technique to pull your labia up and to decreast the protrusion. Other methods reduce the protrusion but the length of the labia still remain. By removing a wedge, the length of the labia decreases. In order to pull up your hood, you may need a clitoropexy with hood reduction. The length of the hood needs to be reduced. This is accomplished by raising the clitoral hood skin, repositioning the clitoris, and then reducing the length, width, and protrusion of the hood skin. I invented the procedure about seven years ago,but I have not yet published it. I have done it on over 200 women with excellent results. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

This is readily achieved

+1

Using cold knife technique, one of the two principle methods of reduction should meet your needs. 

Todd Sisto, MD
Ocala Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty:Can a labia reduction help pull up the inner labia?

+1

Labia reduction surgery entails three different components in the anatomy.  One is for the corrections of the excess prepuce and the hurting as well as the labia minora tissue itself, so depending on the severity of the laxity of the tissue that would determine whether all three components of the labia anatomy need to be corrected individually.  So, this is something that needs to be addressed during your consultation to determine what from the anatomy that needs to be improved.

Kim-Chi Vu, MD

Labioplasty

+1

It sounds like you actually know you what you need very well.  Trimming the internal labia tissue is performed with multiple "zigzag" incisions to allow for comfortable healing.  The healing is very rapid in this area. Many women not only experience a greatly improved appearance but better comfort during sex after the healing.  Best of Luck!!

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty - "to help pull up the inner labia back upwards..."

+1

In short, that's exactly what a standard labiaplasty achieves.

Labiaplasty, which most commonly involves surgical reduction of the labia minora (inner/thinner lips), has become a relatively common procedure over the last ten and even more so last five years.  Whether the surgery is done using a laser, scalpel, or scissors does not really matter but what does matter is "symmetry".  Symmetry is the most important aspect to the final aesthetic result.  Also, it's not how much tissue is removed but how much is left remaining because a certain amount is necessary to maintain proper form and function.  To achieve these two most important elements, it is extremely important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this operation (does at least 1 - 2 per week).  It may cost you a bit more but it this type of result you will want to live with for the rest of your life.  Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $4500. 

Now for recovery, because the labia tissue is so robust with blood supply it has an amazing ability to heal relatively quickly.  Most patients are sore for 4-5 days before things start to get a lot better from there.  Some patients can resume work before this time depending upon their occupation.  No exercise for two weeks, no baths/jacuzzi or swimming for 3 weeks, and no sexual activity for typically 4 weeks.  My patients are given an oral pain medication such as Vicodin but icing the area for the first 48 hours and applying some custom  made take-home topical local anesthetic cream seems to work the best.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Labia Reduction can also tighten the labia

+1

HI,

The wedge technique is the preferred method for reducing labia minora excess while tightening the rest of the labial tissue. That being said, sometimes some of the posterior excess near the base of the vagina can also be directly resected with an elliptical technique to further refine the labia and make them less apparent. The clitoral hood can be directly excised in a combined or separate procedure to remove excess skin that may be diminishing sensitivity. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Can a labia reduction also tighten up the labia?

+1

Thank you for your question. I believe that is the advantage of the wedge technique. The other advantage is that you will not have a scar or incision that will show. The wedge technique preserves the normal labial edge. For clitoral hood reduction, I use separate incisions, not connected to the wedge incisions to avoid distortion of anatomical landmarks and preserve normal skin folds. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this type of surgery. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon