Labia Reduction Need: Should I Ask my GP, or a Plastic Surgeon?

also if i wanted a female doctor would that be possible or would i get whatever doctor was available? It is very uncomfortable during sex and also during exercise. helpp :((

Labiaplasty can be performed by any doctor who is qualified and licensed due to the somewhat lax regulations that currently exist. However for your safety, it is best to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in performing labiaplasty. 

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Female Labiaplasty Surgeon

For labiaplasty surgery, you should go to a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in labiaplasty.  Many women like yourself look for female surgeons, I also have all female staff in the OR for these particular patients. I specialize in labiaplasty and many of my patients complain about similar things before they have surgery. In addition to patients feeling self conscious, many patients also have discomfort or see a bulge in their clothing. I truly feel that this surgery helps improve women's quality of life. Please look on my website for some photos and testimonials about this surgery. Please feel free to look at my before and after pictures.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD, FACS

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Vaginoplasty Female Doctor

Discomfort during sex or exercise is certainly an indication for vaginoplasty.
It is most important to have a trusting relationship with your surgeon.  I am sure that you can find and meet in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic or Obstetrical Surgeon to perform this procedure.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

30 Central Park South
New York City, New York

Labioplasty : Where to get information.

I strongly recommend that you find a surgeon who is very experienced with this procedure.  It is not unreasonable to start with your GP or gynecologist, but in my experience patients tell me that they get "shut down" when they inquire about labioplasty.  Even amongst doctors there is a lot of confusion and misinformation about this procedure. Don't be afraid to ask your plastic surgeon how many of these procedures he/she does.  This is not a particularly difficult operation but it does require finesse and understanding of the (very important) anatomy "down there"!  So, do your research ahead of time and it will pay off.  Labioplasty patients are one of the happiest groups of patients in my practice!  Almost every one of them says "I only wish I would have done this sooner!"

Mary Gingrass, MD

1915 State Street
Nashville, TN 37203

Which doctor for labiaplasty

Labiaplastiy is a surgical operation.  Surgery should be done by surgeons who are familiar with the anatomy, indications, risks/benefits of the operation.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Together you will review the goals and see if this is a reasonable option.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD

9280 W. Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148

A board certified plastic surgeon who regularly performs these procedures would be the one to assess your anatomy and what is realistic for improvement.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Doctor for Labiaplasty?

Because labiaplasty is a surgery you will eventually want to wind up in a surgeons hands (such as a board certified plastic surgeon whom speciailzes in this procedure).   Although no promises, issues such as "uncomfortable sex and exercise" are one of the main indications for the surgery and resolution can be expected following surgery. Glad to help  

Ryan Stanton, MD

9090 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

When thinking of a labiaplasty

it would be better to discuss with plastic surgeon as it is a plastic surgeon that will be doing your procedure.  Realize that everyone is 'normal' but certainly some people have more redundancies than others and labiaplasty can be beneficial in that regard.  Do this for yourself and only yourself.

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Labia reduction

Hi. Labial reduction will improve your symptoms if you have irritation with everyday activities. You should consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area (male or female) - it is more important to see someone who does a lot of this type of surgery, and it is also important to ask to see photos of people who have had the surgery. There is more information about the surgery on the link below.

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

357 Military Road
Mosman, NSW 2088