What Are the Risks of Brazilian Butt Lift with Tumescent Lipo? I Am a Healthy 30 Yr Old

I am a healthy 30 year old female I want the brazilian butt lift I live in LA area went to a few consultations. I am just nervous as far as the risks of lipo go pulmonary embolism, necrosis, punctured organs etc.. then the less life threating worries are wavy skin, uneven booty, can anyone shed some light on this for me.. I really want this procedure but maybe I am taking the easy way out. I dont have much fat in the hip area or the top part of my buttocks and I have tried working out

The risks of BBL are low when a good candidate partners with a good surgeon

+2

Thank  you for the question.  I think it is wise that you are taking surgery seriously and considering the potential negative outcomes.  Although all of the issue you have listed are possible in the right hands the chance of them occuring is very small.  The most common negative outcomes are bruising, pain, and perhaps not having enough fat to accomplish all that you want.  In my personal experience I have not encountered the serious potential complications of pulmonary embolism, punctured organs, etc.  Make sure you evaluate and choose a board certified plastic surgeon that is well experienced and that can both show you good before and after results as well as gain your trust.

Dr Remus Repta

Risks of Brazilian Buttlift in Healthy 30 year old

+1

The complications of Brazilian buttlift occur in very few patients.  I have performed hundreds of these procedures, and I have not had a blood clot, perforation, or significant necrosis. This is not to say that these cannot occur, but they occur in less than 1% of patients, to be sure.  I would say that the most common occurrence that must be remedied is a fluid collection, which should be drained immediately.  It is not an emergency, but fluid collections, if left, can cause contour irregularities.

Risks of BBL

+1

Every surgery has risks including the Brazilian Butt lift. 

Common risks:  pain, swelling, bruising

Less common risks:  seroma (fluid collection), asymmetry, contour irregularity

Not common: infections, blood clots

Dennis Dass, MD

Experience & board certification lowers risks with BBL.

+1

All surgery has risks even the simple ones! It is normal to be a little nervous about Brazilian BL, but there are ways to achieve a natural result while minimizing risks. You should start by seeing a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this procedure. They should be able to show some before and afters of other patients. Consider staying overnight at the facility where the operation is done for extra monitoring. If you are very nervous having nursing care in the first 24 hours will help. I prescribe medications to reduce the risks of fat and blood clot embolism which can also reduce the risks. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide on this operation, but consider things carefully with ample and then decide. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD