What Are the Long Term Effects of Tumescent Lipo?

Hi I am aware of the short term risks what are the long term risks ? Is there any link to Cancer or heart problems ?

Long term effects of liposuction

+3

What are the long term effects of liposuction? Answer: there is no link to cancer or heart problems but there is the occasional internal scarring, numbness, contour irregularities. Short term there is a risk of bruising, infection, fluid collection, pulmonary embolism and even death. That's why it's essential to choose a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon who does procedures in an accredited facility.

Long term benefits of liposuction includes improvement of blood triglycerides, possible enlargement of female breasts due to alteration of hormone modification by the fat cells

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Long Term Effects of Tumescent Lipo?

+1

Thank you for your question. There are no long term effects of Tumescent Lipo in regards to cancer or heart problems. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Long term effects of tumescent liposuction

+1

There should be no long term problems from tumescent liposuction with regard to heart problems or cancer.  The tumescent solution injected is basically just saltwater with a little bit of medicine mixed in.  Your body will absorb and dispose of this.  The removal of fat cells simply means that you have fewer "containers" to store fat in.  As you gain weight, added fat will be deposited in fat cells elsewhere in the body.  If you gain enough weight to overwhelm your storage capacity for fat then your body will produce new fat cells.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Cancer or Heart Problems after Liposuction?

+1

No long term negatives have been identified following liposuction with regards to cancer or heart disease.  Liposuction was reported to improve lipid profiles about one year ago, which may help with heart disease prevention.  Further studies are needed for substantiation.

Lipo and long term risks

+1

I know of no specific long term risks of liposuction on the body like increased risk of cancer or anything like that as far as I know. It is an interesting question though.

BEWARE of the possible long-term effects of Tumescent Liposuction....

+1

If you get the Tumescent Liposuction then you have to prepare for the possible long-term effects of becoming more "Healthy, Wealthy and Wise!"  When you look better after Tumescent Lipo with the micro canulas, you generally feel better about yourself and want to work out harder and do more since you see a significant improvement and want to keep it looking good which leads to being "Healthier". When you look good you generally feel more confident. Confidence can be a deciding factor in getting better jobs and promotions which lead to more "Wealth". And just the fact that you chose Tumescent Liposuction rather than traditional lipo under gen anesthesia or laser or other gimmicky liposuctions means that you are getting "Wiser" by the minute!   Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Long Term risks of Tumescent Liposuction

+1

Tumescent Liposuction, like every other cosmetic surgery has its potential for long term problems. In skilled hands the problems should be minimal but they do exist. In an otherwise uneventful surgery one may still have long term contour irregularities, changes in pigment, noticeable scars, under or over removal of fat, asymmetry, etc. The tumescent fluid, per se, is not associated with any long term problems. Nor is the removal of unwanted fat a problem unless a patient gains a large amount of weight after the surgery and puts fat on in other areas of the body. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO