Will Acupuncture After Brazilian Butt Lift Affect Results? I Am Using It As a Tool for Drainage. (photo)

I had a BBL 17 days ago and I got my first lymphatic massage today with someone who also does acupuncture as well. They assured me that the acupuncture being done will not disturb the fat that was redistributed it was for lymphatic drainage only just want to get a Dr's opinion on this also I have been looking for a good garment does it have to be a compression garment or will shapewear garments suffice as well?

Accupuncture and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I would not perform accupuncture 17 days after a Brazilian Butt Lift without first consulting with my surgeon.  Your surgeon should also talk to the accupuncturist to be clear on what was done and what is safe or not safe.  Good luck.

Acupuncture and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Acupuncture has not been supported by literature to help in this regard, and you should ask your plastic surgeon before pursuing this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt Lift and post operative treatment

+1

Following a Brazilian Butt Lift, it is important to wear a compression garment for the first few weeks following the procedure.  The garment will help minimize swelling, bruising and bleeding; and further, can help shape the buttock during the healing process.  I don't think acupuncture will disturb the distribution of the fat, however, the puncture holes could create a possible site for infection.  Before starting the acupuncture check with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon