I want a BBL but I'm afraid I'm too skinny. How much weight do I need to gain? I'm 5'3" and weigh 115lbs (Photo)

I am 5'3 and weight 115 lbs.. how much more weight do I need to gain for a BBL. I would like butt implants but I've heard they have too many complications so I PREFER a BBL. HELP !!

I want a BBL but I'm afraid I'm too skinny. How much weight do I need to gain? I'm 5'3" and weigh 115lbs

+2
   There is no doubt that you will be a difficult case for the BBL.  However, I am sometimes very surprised how much fat I can remove and transfer from very thin people.  Find an expert at the BBL.

+1
Because you are very thin, it may be difficult to harvest enough fat for a successful BBL. I suggest an in-person evaluation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your best options. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

BBL

+1
I think that you are very thin and may not have enough fat to harvest that will give you a result that you would be happy with.

+1
Thanks for your question. You've made an accurate assessment. You are very svelte and it would be very challenging to obtain sufficient fat to give you a more shapely bottom. I would estimate that you would benefit from at least 15additional pounds.

At the present time it looks like some fa could be obtained from your hips and abdomen. Research research and then research some more. Good luck 

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

BBL on skinny Patients

+1
I would never ask my patients to gain weight, that wont change the amount of fat cells transferred, and wont get a really permanent result, in your case i think Butt Implants will do the job just fine convined with a little liposuction/ fat transfer for a better shape. Yes is truth Butt Implants have a lot more complications than BBL, but on an experienced hands on the right place, that complication rate decrease considerable, Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of training in Butt Implants and you can get really amazing result.

Luis Redondo, MD

Both option could be performed, it would all depend on what your expectations are...

+1
Hello Valerie, 

Thanks for your question. 

First of all, forget about gaining weight. Truth is, fat cells grow their size when you get more fat. And the same cells transferred from your flanks, back and/or abdomen to your butt will reduce in size if you decide to be a healthy person again, making it nonsense to ask a patient to gain weight for a BBL. 

As you mentioned you have two options. Let's talk about both:

- Brazilian Butt Lift: you have indeed very little fat tissue (and you should be happy about this). An alternative would be harvesting as much fat as possible from your abdomen, flanks and lower back, and efficiently using it in the outer part of your butt to feel the cave the gluteus maximus causes in some patients. It would be a very mild outcome if you're looking for an important enlargement. 

- Butt implants: people normally fear what they do not understand. Where I did my training (Brazil), butt implants a very common procedure and with a very low complication index (in fact is theoretically less riskier than a BBL). If the surgeon dominates the technique well, it ends up being a procedure much simpler than a breast augmentation. In the technique I use, the implant is placed inside the muscle (Gluteus Maximus) and, if a small implant is used, very nice outcomes can be achieved (specially in patients like yourself that lack of fat tissue). This would be the surgery I'd recommend if you'd like more projection on your butt. 

Hope this answers your question. If not, feel free to contact me and we can continue this conversation. 

Take good care of yourself, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernández Goico, MD

Being slightly overweight helps with gluteal sculpting

+1
There unfortunately is not a magic weight for patients seeking gluteal reshaping. The ideal patient for this procedure is typically slightly overweight...you don't look the part. One has to possess enough "donor fat" to achieve an ideal gluteal shape. To be certain I'd recommend scheduling an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Keep in mind this procedure involves a correction of proportions (i.e. liposuction of your love handles, inner and outer thighs, abdomen) followed by increasing your buttock volume and projection. A non-surgical option could be of interest such as exercise classes (i.e. Pure Barre) that target the buttock region. Best of luck!

Dr. Matt Blanton 

Matthew Blanton, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

+1
BBL should get you a reasonable result that will be in proportion to your body. I do not believe gaining weiht is a good idea. You can not predict where the gained fat will be stored besides being unhealthy.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS